• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Truck Owners

Which color would you choose?

• Black

Votes: 231 51.9%
  • White

Votes: 214 48.1%

• Total voters
M
Dec 12, 2011
I have had both colours and went back to the black. Nothing looks as good, yes you have to clean them more often but heck they look so nice that way. When I bought my new truck the first thing I did was have the dealer remove all of the badges (shaved look) then in for paint protection package no issues with fading in the summer just clean, polish and wax a few times a year your good to go.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
My next truck will be a white duramax with black rims. Still a couple years away from that. I love my 09 Sierra crew it's black looks great clean!
MyTruck.jpg

Last edited:
P

Pertzbro

Nov 12, 2008
Denver, CO. Originally NW Iowa
Owning a black truck will make you become a professional detailer. zainostore.com has the best detailing products by far. Plan on at least doing a whole weekend of detailing and polishing/waxing at least once a year to keep it in tip top condition.

I did this when I bought mine, had a bunch of BAD swirl marks that I got out using these steps and made it shine like a show car.

1) Wash whole truck with dawn dish soap ( this removes any old wax/polish)
2) Clay bar the whole truck and wash with auto soap
3) Swirl removal w/special foam applicator (works ridiculously well)
4) Wash truck again w/ auto soap
5) Apply 2 coats of Z5
6) Apply 1-2 coats of Z2

This will make your truck perfect. Takes awhile but Zaino's wax lasts forever ( I didnt touch it again for 2 years after doing this whole process once)

Without being extremely particular about having clean rags, etc. You will ultimately have a swirled up truck. (it's super easy to get swirl marks on black vehicles unless you pay CLOSE attention to your rags)

Last edited:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Well...

Well.....I had a black truck once. Used it off-road quite a bit ... fishing trips and all.....SWORE I'd never own a black truck again ..... bought a white truck .... drove it damn near as many miles as the black truck......cept .... all it did was tow, never went off-road at all ..... paint on it was as good as you could get for a truck that got used regularly and 120k on it .... so I thought ... well .... I hardley dinged the paint at all on that truck .....Hell, whats odd is, I even voted "WHITE" in this thread awhile ago ..

Now look what I went and did :eek:

HPIM15571.jpg

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Owning a black truck will make you become a professional detailer. zainostore.com has the best detailing products by far. Plan on at least doing a whole weekend of detailing and polishing/waxing at least once a year to keep it in tip top condition.

I did this when I bought mine, had a bunch of BAD swirl marks that I got out using these steps and made it shine like a show car.

1) Wash whole truck with dawn dish soap ( this removes any old wax/polish)
2) Clay bar the whole truck and wash with auto soap
3) Swirl removal w/special foam applicator (works ridiculously well)
4) Wash truck again w/ auto soap
5) Apply 2 coats of Z5
6) Apply 1-2 coats of Z2

This will make your truck perfect. Takes awhile but Zaino's wax lasts forever ( I didnt touch it again for 2 years after doing this whole process once)

Without being extremely particular about having clean rags, etc. You will ultimately have a swirled up truck. (it's super easy to get swirl marks on black vehicles unless you pay CLOSE attention to your rags)

WERD! Totally agree %110. Zaino is the SHIZNIT. Better than anything else bar none. Follow their instructions and you won't be disappointed at all.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
Even though black looks awesome when cleaned and detailed, I'll never have another black truck. Whenever I walk around mine, every little scratch and ding just winks at me.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
My last truck was a black sierra crew and I loved that truck. black always looks so good when clean. Only downside is it does show every little scratch. I thought with the new duramax I'd switch it up and go with white. I love how easy this truck has been to keep clean even though I've only had it since Saturday. Heck when I'm done with this truck I'll probably get a black one again! haha. But I do love the white! It's stock for now I'll be adding wheels and tires after winter.
a1truck.jpg

Sorry just a pic from my cell phone

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I thought I would never own a black vehicle again either but on Nov 7th I pick up a 2011 F150 - Tuxedo Black with black leather interior. It has heated and COOLED seats. They have to replace a broken part so the sunroof will retract.

Part of the decision was driven buy $$$$$. I got it for roughly $5,000 under current book.

F

Flygti32

Dec 5, 2011
lbert, SK Canda
I doubt anyone in the US on here has heard of X-kote Paint Renewal Systems, they are a Canadian company. www.x-kote.com but if you want your used black truck to shine ,holy mother of sweet baby jesus! does this stuff work. It's not a product that is sold to the public though unfortunately, it has to be applied by a trained installer.

T

Trixter99

Jan 24, 2012
Way up over here
I would never buy a used black vehicle but I will never buy any other colour than black on a new vehicle. Most people can't look after there paint properly and ruin a beautiful black paint job.

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
Over the years white can look as bad and sometimes worse than black. White builds up with nick and scratches and it starts to look trashy. Neutral colors sustain the newest look for the longest like silver and medium shades.
I swore to never buy a dark vehicle again just because they are so high maintenance to wash. You wash it then 1 day later its dusty. That was until I found the heaven that is the VIP Wash at Wiggy Wash. $50 a month unlimited washing inside and out. Now My next truck will likely be black.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
98c5c8728199744fe4fe8a960dcb8726.jpg

It's not a truck but it's black,I bought this 07 last month.
I wouldn't want this car any other color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features