• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Ford F-150 (just released)

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
From people I know and info I have seen on here, the ecoboost gets about ten towing an enclosed trailer, let's go to Cooke from michigan, probably a 2000 mile round trip. 200 gallons of fuel right at 3 bucks a gallon in mt. 600 bucks in fuel. Now take the diesel, based off the test videos towing a 7500 lb trailer in stop and go traffic he got 17.5 hand calcd over three days. Let's say you are really pushing it and got 14 from michigan. 142 gallons burned x 3.75 per gallon for diesel. 535 bucks. Saved 65 bucks per trip to mt. Then think of the mileage savings when empty. I'm sorry but diesels are the way to go and I think ford is just trying anything they can to compete, like lightening their pickup by 700 lbs. yeah that's gonna be a lot of fun with an enclosed and crosswind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You forgot to add an $8,000 premium for the diesel motor and transmission.

Gasser cheaper by $7,935 :face-icon-small-ton

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sorry but for the $11k up grade ur getting an entirely different truck not just a diesel engine. The Superduty is a much heavier truck built for hauling and towing much more than its half ton counterpart.

Look at the resale price of all 7.3l Powerstrokes vs their gas engine equivalents. From 1994.5-2003. The diesel is $5-10k more.

Ridin da Yamacat

No argument.
But as a ford truck driver who is looking to buy a new truck that cost comparison is 100% valid.
To upgrade to a Ford Diesel engine WILL COST an extra $11,000 dollars.
That is just a hard cold fact.

Do diesels have a higher resale value?
Of course they do, they cost $11,000 MORE than the F150.
They better have a higher resale value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

Premium Features