• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 sled being released next week.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
What do you think it will be?

The "younger riders encouraged" makes me think it might geared towards entry level riders.

40a2357a580d76fcb68c222b238fc1c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
....a dollar to a donught says they shy away from the 900 name!

...and will anyone buy one first year?

Ace

I purchased the last three new sleds from Polaris (Axys, Pro, Dragon 700) and all have been a big hit for me. I know of the 900 failure, but I would bet the farm that this coming motor - rather it be a 850 or 900, will not have any of the characteristics of the 900 IQ. So if it is a 900, I don't see any reason for them to avoid the name. More importantly, they need to find reliability in bigger motors. That was always a problem for Polaris in the past.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
prolly another youth sled with a bigger briggs type motor that wont hang with an '87 sno scoot.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Reliability wasn't the issue with the 900, actually an 866cc '900' with 80mm stroke... vibration and the sluggish handling effect that motors huge 80mm crank induced via gyroscopic effect. The factory 935 version of that engine was smooth.. and the same stroke has shown in the Doo to be able to be run without major vibes...but maybe at the cost of needing to have the vibration cancelling 'built in wobble' to the clutch.

The motor itself was a beaut of engineering... save the vibes and a pizz poor mounting system.

To me... the 800 is epitome of a nimble sled for the mountains... the VERY thing that makes the 800 AXYS the sled it is.

I agree... this will probably be a good 3/4 sized sled for the market...prob in a flatland and mountain offering... hopefully with a single cylinder 2 stroke CFi.

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Kids sled in between the 120 and the full size machines would be a winner. And drop the price on the 120...they are too limited for the price IMO. Or keep the current price and make them a bit better.

I'm guessing we'll see SOME changes for the Axys RMK for 2019....I just don't know what they would be. Highly doubt you'll see a full chassis revamp 3 years in. Heck, Doo went 9 years and Cat is on 7....the Pro went for 5. Maybe a narrower front end, finally ditch the raw aluminum on in-season models, fix the track wear issue....those would be good starts.

For the motor....what other than forced induction has REALLY shown good gains on this motor? I haven't see anyone raving about big bore kits for the CFI....so is an 850 version going to change much? I don't really see it being worth the potential shakeup on the reliability front. I think the only reliable way to ad substantial power to the 800, is F.I.....but the realistic side of me doesn't quite see that happening.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Reliability wasn't the issue with the 900, . The factory 935 version of that engine was smooth..
The motor itself was a beaut of engineering... save the vibes from a pizz poor mounting system.
To me... the 800 is epitome of a nimble sled for the mountains... the VERY thing that makes the 800 AXYS the sled it is.
I agree... this will probably be a good 3/4 sized sled for the market...prob in a flatland and mountain offering... hopefully with a single cylinder 2 stroke CFi..

440/450 perhaps ?!:face-icon-small-hap.... wishful for sure

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've been hearing of a January early release.
I've also heard rumors about what it may be.
Only time will tell.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Youth Sled!!!!

Oh man if this is anything akin at all to a freestyle 300 then I will just be in absolute heaven. But at the same time, I'll also be in hell because I just got done convincing the wife that I needed money to buy a snoscoot and I can only imagine how ugly it gets as I start trying to convince her that I need money for a youth 440 fan sled. That's a chance I'm willing to take though - let's go!!!

On a more realistic tip though, here's my actual guess that we will all be very disappointed with. Polaris will do almost nothing new to the 120 besides taking the trailing arms off (finally) and give it some new plastics that look more like and AXYS. Then they'll tell us how awesome it is because it goes...exactly as fast as the old 120s!!!!!

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
The pro chasis with a 440 lc or 550 fan with belt drive in a 136 track not much expense in tooling to bring this public.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
There's already a 550 in a pro chassis. It's the closest excuse for a kids sled for years now. If they made an actual 3/4 size sled that would be cool but I don't care now cause my kids want to ride the pro or M sled anyway.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Reliability wasn't the issue with the 900

Hmmm...I can think of several who would disagree. And it doesn't matter if it is the motor itself, the motor mounts, the chassis, the crank that is the problem...it all has to be reliable.

Premium Features