• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any rumours?

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Coming from the Polaris Pro Ride side of the forum, it seems that there is never any speculation over here. I can go over there and hear about somebody's brother that saw 2 Axys RMK in Wyoming...... But nothing over here. I am all but signed up for a Ski-doo snow check. Planning on it unless Cat blows up the internet like a Kim Kardashian fat naked a$$. It would have to be a game changer for sure. I just know I will not give Polaris any more of my money.

So....anybody heard anything or seen anything? Those dang Canadians at BRP are sure tight lip'd :face-icon-small-hap

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
my dealer is hoping for a production turbo....I 'm hoping for a freeride with a ras 2 front suspension and a 154 2.75.....and a price reduction(ya right).

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
It would not be a far stretch if Skidoo came out with a H.O. 800 Etec or something along those lines with more power. Since they have already made the T3 X package, adding to it would be easy.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Well if there is a factory boosted 4 stroke, I hope they keep the 800 Etec. I am finally hoping over the Ski-doo platform for snow check as long as there is.

P

Peevo

Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I think they have squeezed pretty much everything out of this chassis. Not bad at all. My wish is that the narrowed it up in front and got rid of that s-module or whatever its called that gets bent all the time.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
200 HP is coming too, sooner than you think. OK it might be 195 HP. :welcome: with 5 year engine warranty.

200 hp in 4stroke? From Skidoo in a freeride? Cant wait to see what I am gonna buy come march! I know the rest of yall are riding but I had to take this winter off.

D
Sep 10, 2014
Rumors has it that the next gen pro would weight in at about 400lbs. Doo need to loose some weight.
Doo would be like 60 lbs behind and thats way to much imo!

Would have loved to see a 420 lbs, 180hp mountain treeriding monster!

Last edited:

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I am only worried that any high hp motor will be a 4 stroke. Sorry, been riding a Pro for 5 years. I am ok going to about 40# more weight. I can not and will not go more than that.

You hear that power to weight this and power to weight that, sorry. Fat is fat. Power to weight means nothing when it stuck. Means nothing when you are throwing the sled around all day in the trees. You are still tired and beat up more by more weight.

As Poo guy jumping ship....I would like to see a little narrower in the nose plastic but not a deal breaker. Maybe a lighter can to drop 10# and 10 more hp. Yes I am on a Pro so I will already by on 15 more hp next year if they change nothing but the AXYS motor is that same hp for next year. I would love a more vertical steering post but that is an easy Skinz fix to be honest.

I honestly think a little more power and little less weight and this machine would out sell the Pro. Pro is an awesome chassis and the Axys might be too but Polaris can not build an 800 that lasts if you ride them hard. They didn't get the reputation from being dependable.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
In 2006 I owned an Skidoo Summit RT1000 180/190 hp stock out of the box 2 stroke that ripped. A refined version of the RT1000 motor in a 2016 Summit would hands down be a blast.

DPG

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
I too ran an 06 rt summit
Miss that torque
She was heavy but with a few mods she lightened up and a small shot of nos
She ripped
Don't miss the weight but loved the power

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I bet that RT Motor doesn't weigh more than 22# more than the current 800 motors..Eliminate the stock suitcase like we already do and you just saved at leas 15#.

DPG

Premium Features