• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GGB Cans

N
Nov 8, 2013
Going to pick up my sled this weekend as we are finally getting some snow. I went with the mountain version and I'll post some pics and video too if possible. Can't wait to hear it, heading off to find powder next week for a few days.

redrockwr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
Moab, Utah
I put the GGB MTN Can on my 14 XM today. I wish I would have taken some photos but I did not think about it. I will tomorrow. It does not seem to fit right. It was pretty easy to put on but it does not seat all the way down on the bracket. It is about a half in off. If seems really solid and feels like it is not going to move but it is not close sitting on the bracket or the floor pan. Anybody have any ideas of why?

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
You might be best to call GGB and ask them directly.

Sounds odd though, as the bracket and the floor are the only two things that restrict the can from moving downward.

S
Sep 2, 2008
Bozeman, MT
I really like this thread! Lots of good info and lots of guys throwing in their opinion and experience. Well done everyone! I have an HPS can on my 13 XM and I love it but it throws the warning light at me every time leaving the parking lot at the beginning of the day and then is good to go after a shutdown and restart once the sled is warmed up. Had I known about the GGB can I think I probably would have gone that route.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Spokane
I just put a mountain can on my 14 XM today. The stock position of the pipe held the can up as you noted. After messing with it a little bit, I was able to pull the end of the pipe down enough so the can sat on the bracket and the bellypan.

I put the GGB MTN Can on my 14 XM today. I wish I would have taken some photos but I did not think about it. I will tomorrow. It does not seem to fit right. It was pretty easy to put on but it does not seat all the way down on the bracket. It is about a half in off. If seems really solid and feels like it is not going to move but it is not close sitting on the bracket or the floor pan. Anybody have any ideas of why?

redrockwr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
Moab, Utah
I looked at it again and did the same thing I was able to work it into position. Thanks for the help. Man, there is a ton of space on that side now. I am trying to figure out some sort of goggle/glove compartment that I could mount in there. I imagine it would stay warm enough right there to keep that stuff warm.

N
Nov 8, 2013
GGB Mountain vs Stock. Just around the back yard not much different than stock for loudness. True test will be in a couple of days. Will post results and video if possible. IMG_20150110_135512.jpg

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
GGB vs. HPS Cans

Put a mountain can on my t3 before break in was over and don't really like it. Less snappy on the bottom end, different throttle response, pops a bit too. Maybe just too rich during break in. Maybe it'll be better after break in? But it doesn't run as well. Had to clicker down 2 numbers also, nothing else changed.

Last edited:

Exhausted

Premium Member
Oct 5, 2012
That's not supposed to happen. Please contact me in the office and I'll send you another muffler. 705-382-5275 Graham Barkey

R
Oct 10, 2014
Just got the Mtn can in the mail today. Looks awesome and cant wait to try it out. Weight savings alone is huge. Im hoping it doesn't spit the codes and throttle response is as stated..If so Im stoked!

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Thanks I will give you a call. Hopefully we can figure it out, otherwise the can is a nice size, sound, good quality. I'm still thinking it may be a break in thing, but I've got 6% left so we'll see. No codes or anything like that.

R
Oct 10, 2014
I had to post this up. I received the MTn Can and the fit and finish is superb, but service is top notch. Now I have owned several different sleds with several different cans and never had as good service with GGB. I had the guy from GGB contact me and ask me how it was going with their cans? That's unbelievable in my book. Gave me his personal number to call him if I had any issues. Never had that kind a service before. Have yet to try it other than in the garage, as we have no snow, but so far I am 110% impressed with this co. They have a lot of competition in this market, but as far as im concerned head an shoulders above any other co I have ever dealt with. Guys should have no concerns dealing with GGB..Im sure if you ever did have an issue, these guys would make it right!~!

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
In reply to my earlier post… I believe it was my sled and not the can. Dealer found a problem with the fuel regulator. That combined with running rich for break in I believe made the can feel a bit different and pop a bit. Now that my sled is fixed and it's out of break in it's running fine. Can looks good, is better sounding, and I have a place for my muff pot. I'm glad there is a decent priced option because most cans are just too expensive. Anyway, wanted to update now that I think it's resolved.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Over the past few months GGB has received some amazing images and videos from our followers. Thank you! We appreciate your enthusiasm and support and love seeing satisfied customers with our mufflers in action. If you have any high resolution images or high definition videos you would like to share, please send them in: http://ggb.ca/upload.html Anyone who submits material that we use for promotional purposes, will receive a free spring puller and T-shirt in return.

Thanks again,
GGB Exhaust

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
thumbs up!

After running the trail can on both of my XMs, I am very impressed.

Purchased in December for my 14 then, moved it over to the 15 same result. Our riding area is above 10k elevation, so we were worried about loosing performance or reliability.

Throttle response is snappier, great weight loss, fit and finish better than expected. Great product.

Ray in Colorado.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I have video's on the riding here in the Wyoming mountains at 10,000' of both Trail and Mountain Cans- Doo's / Poo's / and Cat's
Have not had one bit of falure-

Great fit & finish!
So great I have become a dealer about a month ago- sales are over the top and customer service is what GGB is proud of !!

P/M me if you have needs here in the western mountains!!

S/C

Last edited:

FarmerTimBob

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2014
We all run GGB mountain cans in our group. Poo, cats, and a t3. The t3 is as quiet as stock at idles and sounds awesome when you crack the throttle. They went as far as special building me one for my M7 as they didn't offer one. Great sound, light weight, and fit and finish second to none. Would never worry about an issue with GGB as they bend over backwards for their customers.

Premium Features