• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What are you doing when your sled shows up?

What are you doing to your sled?

• Total voters
T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
If you decide to sell the hps can.... I'll be first in line for it.

Whats would you choose?
Diamond S QUIET can and mesh hood and loose 25+ lbs.
Or 3"156
Already have an HPS can for it but I could sell it.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Riding it stock for the break-in miles and will evaluate after that.

Probably a can and suspension work if needed. Turbo would be nice but unlikely to happen.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
The hood is 12.6lb less ($435 shipped) and the can is 14.6lb less (quiet version @ $529+ship). Have to add in an air filter ($15) to replace the air box, but those only weigh a few ounces.

... a light is needed as well. Backcountryislife on here has a thread about different lights. I'm probably going with a lead dog AND my mtn bike light.

...goingboardin.... what filter are you rolling with?

Ace

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Yep I forgot about the light. I ordered a battery operated bike light from China, it was cheap and has good reviews. Came in today, it's super bright on high (claimed 1200 lumens). It's a T6 LED style with remote battery. I might end up ordering a higher quality light down the road (probably sled powered), but if this does the job then it's all I'll use.

For an air filter I ordered a Uni filter off ebay, UP4300 is the Uni filter part number. 3" ID for the mount and 4" length. I slid it onto the flare of the stock intake tube section that has the temp sensor in it. This way it can go back to stock without buying a new intake tube. May or may not run an Outerwears on it. I don't have the hood yet, just ordered it a week ago & it's on backorder.

C
Oct 28, 2010
Yep I forgot about the light. I ordered a battery operated bike light from China, it was cheap and has good reviews. Came in today, it's super bright on high (claimed 1200 lumens). It's a T6 LED style with remote battery. I might end up ordering a higher quality light down the road (probably sled powered), but if this does the job then it's all I'll use.

For an air filter I ordered a Uni filter off ebay, UP4300 is the Uni filter part number. 3" ID for the mount and 4" length. I slid it onto the flare of the stock intake tube section that has the temp sensor in it. This way it can go back to stock without buying a new intake tube. May or may not run an Outerwears on it. I don't have the hood yet, just ordered it a week ago & it's on backorder.

What's the name of your helmet light? How much was it?

pepperhouse

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2010
Boardin I have all three. The biggest difference and most fun by far is the 3" 156
Def do it first. It's just so good an unfair advantage. The hood is awesome no more powder bog ever it does make for a much noisier ride. You can hear everything under the hood clutches etc. Takes a ride or 2 to get used to it. First ride keep thinking somethings wrong with the sled. The Can is nice but I've honestly never felt any seat of the pants improvement or lighter sled feel from a can. Would keep your current can save some $$.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
What's the name of your helmet light? How much was it?

It's not a helmet light, just a cheap bike light that goes on the bars. It was $32 shipped, and I would not be surprised if it performs like a $32 light, but am willing to try it out before spending lots more on a high end light. Try searching XML T6 light if you're interested in reading about them.

As for a 3" track, my stock 2.5" is still very fun, and I already find myself "lonely at the top" in my crew, no need to make it an entirely solo activity. Granted, they're upgrading sleds, but I'm not out to "beat" anyone but my self in sledding anyway.

Back to topic. I'm just on a 13' SP. What are you rich guys doing for mods?

M
Feb 22, 2008
Once my freeride is ready for pickup, I plan on installing the full set of grip n' rip braces, dalton pro adjustable pin weights, removing the "mountain strap" grab handle, black-out the windshield, and possibly playing around with pet screen for the front grill. Besides oil and a spare belt, cash will be saved for truck and sled fuel.

D
Feb 7, 2014
Revelstoke, BC
For my 163 T3. Powder coat the rails/spindles. Tom's powder wedges. Post forward kit considering Doo's rider forward positioning is BS if you align the riser with the steering post like it's suppost to be. Running boards, lots of venting and a Thing cooker can because nothing is better than a hot lunch and it still loses 10.2 lbs. Unless it's loaded with roast beef. If I can find some extra $ a belt drive would be nice coming off a PRO RMK last year, and possibly new rear suspension to get rid of the heavy torsion spring.

E

eman0993

Aug 19, 2009
Duluth, MN
For my 163 t3 I have a dj duel elevation clutch kit full grip and rips HPS can and a gas cady. I'm planning on powder coating rails spindles risers and chain case cover. Oh and oil res insert as well and I'm sure a few other small things. Can't wait!

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I plan on spending a lot of time in the garage staring at it. Might do a wrap!

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
lynx_my2015_boondocker_ds_3900_800r_e-tec_zoom_2-219x219,c.jpg
boondocker_ds_3900_800r_side-219x219,c.jpg
boondocker_ds_3900_800r_34f-219x219,c.jpg

Nothing if it looked like this.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, the lynx is so similar, but such a completely different sled at the same time. i really wanna get my hands on of their rear skids!

Premium Features