• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo XM Accessories We Offer

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
No, it doesn't interfere at all.

I've got two seasons on mine an it still looks like it did when I bought mine. If you leave it out in the sun ALL the time meaning during storage I would guess it would fade. This was last March after 2 full seasons on mine.

View attachment 212224

No problem, I like being honest and up front with everyone. I know A LOT more of the Skinz story than most and have no problem sharing what I can to clarify. As of now I don't have any and neither does distribution. What color are you thinking you want Black or Polished?

Black.........want that......the forward post.......and probably that windshield bag......that's pretty sweet!

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
no prob..thnx for letting me know,is there an expected date for the black/white?

D

dcooper

Mar 6, 2012
Jackson, WY
Has anyone tried the concept A-arms.. all the info I can find is by skinz and id like to hear a non biased point of view or even a test. Is there anyway to get them without the fox shox? I think kashima coated evols might not be necessary for everyone out there..

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Has anyone tried the concept A-arms.. all the info I can find is by skinz and id like to hear a non biased point of view or even a test. Is there anyway to get them without the fox shox? I think kashima coated evols might not be necessary for everyone out there..

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/541087-skinz-concept-a-arms-36-3-anybody-try-them/

There are threads on DooTalk that have reviews one of which was very intense but I can't find it at the moment. The one above I just found didn't really read it so I don't know if it's go any useful information in it or not.

I can get you just the a-arms.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Storage is obviously an issue, the Elevation bags should fit most if not all of your needs.

Elevation Bag 14 wide x 16 long $199.95
American Made
99% Waterproof (just not submersible)
Molded bottom tray comes up 2" on the sides to help keep content dry.
Multiple Storage Pouches
Shovel Holder on top
Handle on the side
Elastic hold downs internally for the not so often used items.
Bottle holders built into the elastic hold downs
Mounts to the sled with side release buckles and rivets.
Contour of the bottom allows for air flow under the bag reducing and almost eliminating condensation.

Elevation Compact 14" wide x 12" long $179.95

Has all the same features of the Elevation bag just in a smaller package.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i was just at the doo dealer looking at the doo tunnel backpack 860200736 and slim tunnel bag 860200935. i was pretty much dead set on the slim tunnel bag. it is 12''x18'' and they say 15 liter (4 gallon) capacity. it comes with the linQ base kit and the bag attaches to those via soft nylon straps like yours uses. this is all for $130 (linQ brackets included).

if i go with your bag, i would still get the linkQ brackets to attach the bag. they are $25 plus the cost of your bag. i like the looks of yours, but what does it offer extra to justify the extra money?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
For those asking about the soft windshield bag, I had one on a Pro last year and it didn't fade at all. I keep my sled in my enclosed or garage though. It doesn't have much storage. It doesn't hold goggles very well but works good for stuff like radios, cell phones, gloves, hats, GoPro's, etc (but not all of those together). The Doo version might be bigger but it looks about the same.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
i was just at the doo dealer looking at the doo tunnel backpack 860200736 and slim tunnel bag 860200935. i was pretty much dead set on the slim tunnel bag. it is 12''x18'' and they say 15 liter (4 gallon) capacity. it comes with the linQ base kit and the bag attaches to those via soft nylon straps like yours uses. this is all for $130 (linQ brackets included).

if i go with your bag, i would still get the linkQ brackets to attach the bag. they are $25 plus the cost of your bag. i like the looks of yours, but what does it offer extra to justify the extra money?

I guarantee the quality is MUCH better! Number one complaint of people buying our bags is that they purchased brand "X" and it was garbage. I'm talking brand W, X, Y and Z....they just can't build the quality into the bag at the price they sell at or I guess expected price margins. Yes our bags come with a Premium price tag but the result is a bag that has usable storage designed by snowmobilers built in the USA. Our bag has a molded plastic bottom which will prevent the bag from sitting in any water at all. Features such as elastic hold downs, easy access top that opens completely to give you access to the content sets us apart. It really boils down to if you want something you can count on or if you want to just take a chance on something cheaper. It's true what they say, you get what you pay for in most cases. It's been our experience both selling and buying that you will end up spending more by saving now because you'll end up buying a different bag down the road. Most of our customers love our products so much they just keep them when they sell a sled. I'm still using the original prototype of our Deluxe Carry All from 2010/11. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
thank you for the info sled solutions. what is the height of both bags?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Delivery of nearly all Skinz stuff this year is going to be just like it was the last 5 years. They make great stuff but not nearly enough. Part of the problem is they never satisfy the demand of nearly any product before they design a new cool product. They are awesome designers and engineers but they suck at production. I am still ashamed of what I had to do last year to get my Ras Airframes and bumpers and I still got them 2 weeks after I put my sled away.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I would like to try the E-Series bag with an extra Linq base I have. Can you remove the bag from the base or is there a way I can see the top of the hard plastic base so I can fasten the Linq base to the plastic bottom of the bag with out cutting any material? Have you ever thought of making your E series bags compatible with the Linq system?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I would like to try the E-Series bag with an extra Linq base I have. Can you remove the bag from the base or is there a way I can see the top of the hard plastic base so I can fasten the Linq base to the plastic bottom of the bag with out cutting any material? Have you ever thought of making your E series bags compatible with the Linq system?

I would like to know that as well. The linq system is really a very good tie down system. To have a aftermarket bag that would use it so we don't have to drill, rivet, bolt more holes in the tunnel would be sweet. I would also like to see a bag similar in length as the Skidoo backpack/ tunnel bag. It would not need to be very high, long enough that I could carry a extra shovel length wise on the bag without having the ends of the handle poking out 6" on each side.

Maybe you already have one, but that is kinda what I would like to see.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com

I will take a picture tomorrow and post it up.

Premium Features