• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro fast m 10 cr rails steering pressure

Dec 21, 2008
Bought an 08 nytro with a 162" 2.5 and a fast m10 with cr rails. The sled seems to have alot of ski pressure, limiter strap all the way out, I actually took it off to see if theres more front shock travel and theres not so that is as long as the limiter can be. There is very little pressure on the front of the skid and a lot in the back. I plan to drop either the rear mount further up in the tunnel or drop the front down. either way about a two inch move seems to take care of the ski pressure. So when I removed the rear arm bolts the rear arm sprung up, you need to compress it to mount it back in the tunnel where it was located, Is this proper? Looking if any one knows the distance each bolt should be apart from front arm to rear arm?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Bought an 08 nytro with a 162" 2.5 and a fast m10 with cr rails. The sled seems to have alot of ski pressure, limiter strap all the way out, I actually took it off to see if theres more front shock travel and theres not so that is as long as the limiter can be. There is very little pressure on the front of the skid and a lot in the back. I plan to drop either the rear mount further up in the tunnel or drop the front down. either way about a two inch move seems to take care of the ski pressure. So when I removed the rear arm bolts the rear arm sprung up, you need to compress it to mount it back in the tunnel where it was located, Is this proper? Looking if any one knows the distance each bolt should be apart from front arm to rear arm?

i know its the weekend just call chad on monday cr race he can help you get it right

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
thats normal

Yes, it is normal for the rear torque arm to spring up without the upper attaching bolts. The OEM C to C distance between the front and rear torque arm is 31.5", however the CR M10 moves the front torque arm ahead a few inchs. I have a couple in the shop if you need me to measure that distance.

Does this sled have a CR tunnel on it, ..if it does the geomoetry will be correct unless someone has changed something. What shock on the front torque arm? If an air shock, how much pressure in it? How much pressure in the rear shock?

Stock A-arms up front, ...or????

Last edited:

Dec 21, 2008
It has stock tunnel. Looks to be a mount kit that was was installed when skid was mounted in the tunnel, but not to sure if the bolt holes are inproper place since there is a lot of holes in that template. Just not drilled through the tunnel. Has fox coil type shocks. Front cranked up hard. Back middle ish. Played with the rear slide some. Never made a differance. Front has stock a arms with exit coil shocks. Have them softened up to try to releave spring pressure.

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
hmmmm

That sounds like an odd combination for one of Chad's CR M10 set ups. Without seeing it first hand it will be difficult to diagnose any potential problems with mounting, and/or recommend anything that may help.

Best to take it to a Shop that knows, ..if you are around Kelowna, Chad would be the guy.

I
Nov 26, 2007
C to C should be 34". Check to make sure everything on the skid is straight. I bought a used sled with a tweaked rear skid, it makes them behave in weird ways.

Dec 21, 2008
Skid is 29 3/4" when sitting on floor center to center. Mounting bracket in sled is 27 3/4"

image.jpg

Premium Features