• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pieps harness question?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I recently, upgraded and bought a new Pieps DSP Beacon and I have a question. It may be overlooking something simple but I’ve looked online as well as a search here and have struck out.

My question is with regard to the harness that it comes with. It’s seems great and have no complaints but I’m wondering what is the deal with the small yellow pocket and Velcro strap?

Anyone???

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I've wondered that too. Maybe a place to keep spare batteries....or a tampon for any friends that ride a polaris :) ;)

Hey now, I'm that friend that rides a Polaris!! ha ha :face-icon-small-hap

Someone has to know what the hell it's for.......Somebody?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I think I figured it out....................it's a bread crumb holder for Polaris riders, to drop a trail because there to far out ahead of everyone. :face-icon-small-hap

C
Oct 5, 2009
Vail, CO
Its actually a small tool holder. You put your pencil and thermometer in there for pit digging and snow analysis. So for the 95% of the people that wear the beacon its useless, but for the few that dig full pits to analyze snow cohesion, layer temperature and record data, its a nice spot to keep all your little tools handy.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Its actually a small tool holder. You put your pencil and thermometer in there for pit digging and snow analysis. So for the 95% of the people that wear the beacon its useless, but for the few that dig full pits to analyze snow cohesion, layer temperature and record data, its a nice spot to keep all your little tools handy.

Sounds good to me!
Thanks

Premium Features