• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen II sks suspension

M
Sep 10, 2008
Hey guys,

Im in need of some suspension advice. I have a 2000 700 sks that I trail ride as well as boondock and hillclimb with throughout the season. I am interested in rebuilding the rear suspension but Im not sure what shocks and springs to go with. I also am considering putting a extended edge skid in it for the longer travel and better ride on the trail. But how will this effect the handling?

Any suspension tuning advice is welcome!
Thanks in advance

-Dan

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
I would go with the edge skid if you can get it for a good price the swap is easy and i have the measrements for mounting it. Shocks for you x-tra 10 will likely cost a lot more unless you just go with new stock oil shocks then about $40 each.

R
Sep 12, 2009
for boondockn narrow front trailing arms to narrowest setting, remove front sway bar, stock rear shock works best is adjust screw is screwed all the way in and then back out 1 to 11/2 turns, let limit strap out all the way, try some simmons skis if budjet allows and hang on!

Premium Features