• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

List of those that brought Parts and Pieces to Hawkfest and aftermarket parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ozzydog

Dec 17, 2007
After talking to those that went to Hawkfest, it seems there were a few there that are making aftermarket parts. (pegs, risers, clearhoods, etc.)

Would those that are making these parts mind adding to this what they are making, their contact info, prices, pictures of product (if available), etc.

I personally am looking for a few parts and pieces, like a Primary Polaris Clutch for a 503, if anyone know of one!

But outside of that, It woudl be nice to have a list of aftermarket parts we can all reference.

:face-icon-small-hap:light:

S
Nov 29, 2008
fruitland,Id
I currently don't have any pics(comming soon),but I had some parts machined to relocate the rear suspension swingarm.This allows the suspension to travel completly without track binding.So then you can set up your springs,shocks etc. without interference from the track.The suspension brackets also come with an additional hole to lower the footpegs if desired.I also came up with a ski adapter that is adjustable,that way you can ride in on the trails in the set back possition and when you get to the powder,loosen two set scews,pull ski forward,tighten set screws and go.

whistlerhawk

Premium Member
Mar 23, 2008
Whistler BC
I've done the upper pivot relocation as well. It completely solves the rear suspension issue that plagues the Hawk. I bolted a 3/8" thick aluminum plate to the frame and positioned a new pivot point 1-1/4" lower than stock along the arc of the swingarm. So it is 1-1/4" lower vertically but positioned forward of the stock point. I used the stock pivot point hole to bolt the plate on and drilled 3 more holes in the plate and frame to hold the plate to the Hawk. This totally eliminates the track tightening issue when the suspension compresses. This will also most likely eliminate the drive shaft breaking issues that some have had as the dirve shaft will not be flexed due to the track tightening every suspension cycle. A few years back I raised the lower pivot on the rear suspension. It worked very well but was a fabrication nightmare so lowering the upper pivot is the way to go. I would recommend everyone who ownes a Hawk to do the pivot relocation as this solves the rear suspension problem - period. I'm not a machinist so I can't make any for others but I'm sure others will be making the part as a retrofit - I suggest everyone get them when they are available.

roo

Premium Member
May 12, 2008
sedro woolley WA
down and forward?

I've done the upper pivot relocation as well. It completely solves the rear suspension issue that plagues the Hawk. I bolted a 3/8" thick aluminum plate to the frame and positioned a new pivot point 1-1/4" lower than stock along the arc of the swingarm. So it is 1-1/4" lower vertically but positioned forward of the stock point. I used the stock pivot point hole to bolt the plate on and drilled 3 more holes in the plate and frame to hold the plate to the Hawk. This totally eliminates the track tightening issue when the suspension compresses. This will also most likely eliminate the drive shaft breaking issues that some have had as the dirve shaft will not be flexed due to the track tightening every suspension cycle. A few years back I raised the lower pivot on the rear suspension. It worked very well but was a fabrication nightmare so lowering the upper pivot is the way to go. I would recommend everyone who ownes a Hawk to do the pivot relocation as this solves the rear suspension problem - period. I'm not a machinist so I can't make any for others but I'm sure others will be making the part as a retrofit - I suggest everyone get them when they are available.

can you give me a measurement on how far you went forward?

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
how did it affect the ride height? i have a the 600 rear ssuspension in my 503...id like to see pics of your machine with the new placement of the pivot if thats possible

whistlerhawk

Premium Member
Mar 23, 2008
Whistler BC
The total ride height was lowered by 1/2" which is un-noticeable unless you have nothing else to think about; however the suspension works perfectly.

I will see if I can upload a picture showing the measurements when I get home from work tonight. I send my measurements off to TLKDProd earlier this week who is having some brackets water jetted from 3/8" plate I believe.

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
drop brackets

Don't forget Scott form Idaho has a great design that is an excellent fit and finish. We should support each other instead of all making our own parts that do the same thing.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Kennewick, WA
You're right to a point Les, After talking with Scott for hours I believe the guy has his sh*t together and has nailed his bracket and I and 17 others after hawkfest have purchased a bracket from him. I have the talent to make my own piece but don't have the time plus I want to support him and guys like you.
-With all that being said, who's to say he's bracket is the end all? Sounds and rides Perfect, but then again through guys making ther own parts somebody might discover another fix. Then again if you're just coping somebody else's design within a small group of inovators / riders one should give due credit and purchase from them.
I think in Scotts case there are many more mods that guy has floating around in the gray matter just waiting to come out......he's sharp and I for one want him to succeed........

“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
-Steve McQueen

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
oh i will gladly buy others parts,but my concern is my 503 is different then the 600... the 600 seat height was originally 4" higher than my 503 according to an earlier post. i now have the 04 600 rear suspension and my ride height is about the same as the 503 was stock( i forgot to measure before and after,sorry) so if i buy 10 different sets of plates that are made from everyone,will i be in the stock 503 swingarm mount position anyways???i would like to see a side view just to compare the angles of my arm and shocks compared to what this hot 600 set up is... has this bracket been used on a 503?
my 503 with the 600 susp. with 503 progressive springs and the front shock spring removed is sweet when its rough and big hits, but the small stutter bumps 8" and less are kind of harsh and buck me around some...do i need the magic plates or a revalve is what im trying to get at...

roo

Premium Member
May 12, 2008
sedro woolley WA
relocate where!

If your track tightens as susp. is collapsing then you need to relocate the suspension.

503 is mounted in different posistion from factory, it works better than 600, but is it right? or is it just the feel of the progessive springs? I for one like the lower seat height, you can add 3 to four inches of foam and still be the same as 600. I have a zx2 on am thinking about going back to expert. could someone take a 503 suspend, remove shocks and cycle suspension to see if track binds. if so maybe we could figure out a new mounting point that would allow you to keep your ride height and have your suspension work! If I am the one to do this I would give scott the chance to be the one to produce these parts first! there are alot of 503s buzzing around would be nice to get all the hawks working right not just 6 & 8's.

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
I don't know how many of you got to ride one of Kawahaki's we brought or may have noticed the suspensions on them. The factory setup just sucks, track gets tight and stiff. When I drew it on the computer I found the problem and drew several configurations up and tested them untill we were happy.

Here's a pic of what was on a couple of the Hawks. We made longer swingarms to fix the track tightening. Definately didn't want lower foot pegs.

$100 set

Also make handlebar risers for them. These are up 2" forward 2.5"

$50 set

s1.jpg

S
Nov 29, 2008
fruitland,Id
500 susp

I would be interseted in comparing the geometry between 5&6.If one of you guys with a 5 has a fax or email that I could send some drawings,take some measurements and send back,that would be really helpful and appreciated.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
more

Guess its time to get rid of some of the Kawahaki's secrets.

These are Hard annodized alum plates for the slipper clutch on the 600 and 800's. Saves a couple pounds of rotating mass. Tested for 2 seasons.

4 disc set. $120

s3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features