• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helmet light

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Hey guys just a question out there.....

How many people actually have a helmet light and ride with it?? Back in the AK my dad and I actually had a little company that made them... sold maybe 40 or so... but EVERYONE that we rode with had one.. if you where serious about riding, you had one! It was a lot of back country riding between cabins, off trail tree busting and you just could flat out NOT see without one... snow over the hood the entire time... (on a 1996 Powder Special) every once in a great while we'd have some pilgrims with us without helmet lights and they where some hurting units, they would just turn around and head back to the cabin, wouldn't even come along. We used something much larger than the 'lead-dog' light, wasn't designed for high speeds, but was basically a 3 x 5 spot light from KC lights. Still have a few actually, sorry for the ramble, but I was just wondering if maybe people here in the 'states' use them at all? Seems like its all day light rides down here... that's all I've ever done and honestly wouldn't ride anywhere but the Ears at night time. Just thoughts... hope everyone is enjoying the snow!!

Premium Features