• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jumping ship.....maybe to the dark side???

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
Have both16 163 3" axys & 16 t3 163. The Axys drives up on the snow way better. The Doo has a little better top end and the Axys has wicked bottom end. Running down through rough trail the Doo is way smoother. The Axys is a real rigid feel to it. When it gets real deep I will do a side by side comparison( no track poaching ). Both sleds are stock. I also tried pulling the limiter strap up on the Doo and didn't care for it.

Let the strap out to position 2 and let the dog eat! I rode stock 3 all last year and to start this season lengthen it one hole... Way different, much better in my opinion. Moved it back to stock 3 for last two rides and hated it. Didn't want to get up nearly as well as the longer strap. It's a simple adjustment for a day to try.

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
Where did you come up with these weights???

Is this supposed to be fully fueled and oiled weights???
Carls cycle has pics of all brands hanging from the scale both empty of gas full of oil.
If my memory serves me correct a 163 T3 was about 45-50# heavier than a 163 3" axys stock to stock.

If you dont think thats alot throw 45-50 #'s in your backpack and ride around tell me if you notice a difference.

Truth is they are all good and they take terns leap frogging each other and robbing ideas from each other.

I think doo will come out with something new pretty quick and they will have to up the game. It's going to have to be a lot lighter, narrower panels, better skis, and imo change the geometry all together to make the chassis roll yet hold a line and not wash the rear suspension so the rider is in more control on steep sidehills, but that last part is my preference.

This is really the same chassis they came out with in 2008, they just updated parts along the way.
Actually the weight is spread across the whole sled so it wouldn't be the same as adding weight in your pack. It is noticeable when you lift the back of the sleds tho.

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
Really? Who the he!! cares what they weigh dry? Full of fluids ready to ride is what should matter, but I only weigh 155# so me and my Doo are usually lighter than everyone else RTR. But then again the bigger guys can throw "any" sled around easier.

Premium Features