• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Light weight hood xm

R
Apr 20, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
I need a stock headlight assembly

I am in need of a stock headlight assembly for an XM and wondering if someone has done a delete and wanting to sell their stock set up.

Thanks
Tony
651-380-3332

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
has anybody with a non stock hood compared fuel useage to a stocker? reason i ask is my last 2 rides i took 11-12 ltrs more gas than buddy on exact same sled and figured that maybe my exhaust sensor might be shot..after looking at the sled found that my air line to intake plenum was not connected to the ecu..sled ran great no issues but thats 3 gallons more fuel same day same conditions,we were always within a litre during the season..the lt weight hoods run this air line disconnected...

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
has anybody with a non stock hood compared fuel useage to a stocker? reason i ask is my last 2 rides i took 11-12 ltrs more gas than buddy on exact same sled and figured that maybe my exhaust sensor might be shot..after looking at the sled found that my air line to intake plenum was not connected to the ecu..sled ran great no issues but thats 3 gallons more fuel same day same conditions,we were always within a litre during the season..the lt weight hoods run this air line disconnected...

I've run each of my sleds connected and disconnected, and saw no difference in performance, plug, or exhaust. I now run them all disconnected except the one with the diamond s hood, which is plumbed into the intake horn. Never noticed any difference in fuel use with any of the ways I've run that tube.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ok thnx guys,guess ill have to get it on the computer to see if any codes for exhaust probes

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
For guys running the intake pods, what are you running and where are you getting them? Looks like the UNI UP-6300S might be the one. Where does a guy get the snow socks?

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
For guys running the intake pods, what are you running and where are you getting them? Looks like the UNI UP-6300S might be the one. Where does a guy get the snow socks?

I'm using a UP4300 Uni filter on mine with good luck (Ebay, ~$20). Fits on the stock intake tube that the little sensor is in. Makes it easy to return to stock (ie no cutting). I don't have a snow sock on mine, not much snow makes it into the hood, much less to the intake. I would pass on the Diamond S intake, they sent me one when i bought a hood and it didn't last half a season before the mesh was full of holes.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Awesome. Thanks for the response. The 6300 is the same but just 2 inches longer.

Has anyone noticed any change in power when switching to this setup? Im worried about sucking hot air and losing power. I put a timbersled intake on my XP and Im sure I lost at least 10hp. Was a very noticable difference. Was thinking of making a deflector around the bottom side of the filter but an inch or so away from it so it can suck from all of the filter, but would only draw air in from the top.

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
I can give you an update on the hood I made. I ran a filter in th inlet to the stock air box.
I tried to suck air from under the hood of the sled and on the trail ran perfect. (lots of air flow). But as soon a I got into some heavy snow and slower speeds the intake started sucking in th hot air, sled would leave black streaks all over the place, ran like Crap. I tried plumbing the intake to my side panels behind my s panel vent kit but they would always ice up. After many different variations of wen back to stock hood. My hood is sitting on th shelf. I wouldn't recommend sucking air from under the hood unless it was a full mesh hood.

Premium Features