• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can we get a update from Bret Rasmussen Please

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
After bringing him in to do 2 customer rides there are 2 things I know.

1. The guy can ride, whatever sled he has made his. I couldn't ride his sled, and he couldn't ride mine.
2. When you are shooting the sh@t on the hill he'll tell you exactly what he thinks. Little different in the world we live in where anything can be posted and seen by anyone.

My favorite memory of either trip was the fact we had 3 Cutler M8 rg turbos in our group of 10 and he didnt have a BD turbo to ride yet. He wasn't thrilled getting filmed on that lol.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I just spent the day with him drinking beer around the campfire with our families and the one thing I am most grateful about him is....

that he doesn't check in on this thread to call me a liar....hahaha

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Bret dink a beer? Not likely. :)

It is possible that you have perhaps missed the idea behind that post:face-icon-small-win

16118-sarcasm-meter.jpg

You might want to check yours. :D

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
ha ha I got it Reason for that Smiley.
But If you had some Norwegian dried fish he would be all over that. I saw him put on his hat and try to do a commercial for that stuff was very funny the guy is so humble. Truly a good guy

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
ha ha I got it Reason for that Smiley.
But If you had some Norwegian dried fish he would be all over that. I saw him put on his hat and try to do a commercial for that stuff was very funny the guy is so humble. Truly a good guy

haha...so he tries to do a "free" commercial for fish and it hard to get info out of him on a product from a company he is getting "paid by".....I love it...

P

PowderProject

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Kaleb what exactly does that say in RED??
I can't make it out hahahaha

Buy a BOONDOCKER TURBO

Btw, since we both switched from the same sled and the same kind of riding, I'd love to hear more from him, but the idea of basing anything off a sponsored riders "ok or not ok" is just silly. A glowing yes can mean anything, and the best you can expect to hear when they're not happy is nothing... which is what we're hearing. I've been happy as a pig in SH** with the switch myself, so him hating it wouldn't mean a darn thing to me

Buy a BOONDOCKER TURBO
Buy a BOONDOCKER TURBO
Buy a BOONDOCKER TURBO
Buy a BOONDOCKER TURBO
Buy a BOONDOCKER TURBO

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Kaleb what exactly does that say in RED??
I can't make it out hahahaha

Get your magnifying glass out Rob, I probably should have made the print a little bigger :D

You know, it's just something about how people go about things... with guys like you & Dave, it's not the hard sell, BUY WHO I RIDE FOR NOW, kind of deal... but it's more effective imo. Show folks the good time that can be had, show people it lives up to the abuse, tell them why you like it, and people will buy a product. Turn into a used car salesman like everyone who rides for BD, and it drowns out the message, and makes it HUGELY obvious that they're just saying it because they're getting paid. I watch the friggin fun you & dave have, and I can't HELP but want a Beta, or an XM... how do you beat that??? :D

I've been lucky over the years to ride for the people I wanted to, not who I HAD to or who paid more ("paid", yeah right!), and companies who took good care of everyone, not just me... so it has always been easy for me to say why I liked them, and why someone else should as well. To me it's only the companies that are poor that you have to do a hard sell like that with.

P

PowderProject

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Exactly buddy.. What is the point of using a product that doesn't propose a benefit?
When it comes to sleds.. We only get so many days a year to ride so wtf would you ride something that doesn't fit you perfect?

You won't be seeing me riding another brand unless I feel way more comfortable behind the bars than I do now with an XM.
Not to mention why wouldn't you tell it how it is?
My sled rips. It is bone stock aside from RSI bars and Fox suspension. There I said it! haha
I am pumped that you are so stoked to ride!! Can't wait to see more pics of you and that XM :face-icon-small-hap
You will have to come up to Jax and hang for a few days! We gotz some fuuuuun stuff!:tea:

Get your magnifying glass out Rob, I probably should have made the print a little bigger :D

You know, it's just something about how people go about things... with guys like you & Dave, it's not the hard sell, BUY WHO I RIDE FOR NOW, kind of deal... but it's more effective imo. Show folks the good time that can be had, show people it lives up to the abuse, tell them why you like it, and people will buy a product. Turn into a used car salesman like everyone who rides for BD, and it drowns out the message, and makes it HUGELY obvious that they're just saying it because they're getting paid. I watch the friggin fun you & dave have, and I can't HELP but want a Beta, or an XM... how do you beat that??? :D

I've been lucky over the years to ride for the people I wanted to, not who I HAD to or who paid more ("paid", yeah right!), and companies who took good care of everyone, not just me... so it has always been easy for me to say why I liked them, and why someone else should as well. To me it's only the companies that are poor that you have to do a hard sell like that with.

Premium Features