• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yammy 4-Stroke Graveyard???

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Well guys, its official, I'm coming to the dark side! Sold the motor out of my 06 RMK, so it's go time! I love the way my chassis is set up, but now I want the 4 stroke mill. Boosted of course! So what is out there as far as graveyards go that might contain an Apex or Nytro motor, or totaled sled that I could rob all of the parts from? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

-Steel

PM me if you have any info or have a donor! Thanks

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Welcome to the dark side! I have to warn ya.....once you feel that power between your legs you will most likely never go back! But I will also warn ya.......that power is going to cost! $$$$$$

Looks like lots of good deals out there right now on complete turn key sleds so that might be the way to go!?

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
You can buy MCX rear mount Apex's for 10-12 G CAD, market is flooded with them, reliable as hell too. Got a buddy selling an Alpine boosted RX1 for $8500. Many cheap sleds out there. Guys giving them away.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
I know I'm excited to do the "reliable" boost thing! lol but I will say that I dont really want it wrapped in a yamaha skin- no offense to anyone! I like the way the polaris RMK chassis handles, and therefore I'd rather keep it and put a big power motor in it!

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
You know come to think of it thats one thing you really dont see.. Wrecked Yammies. Wonder what happens to them? Some have to be to bad off to repair...

S
Oct 15, 2008
Bozeman-MT
I know I'm excited to do the "reliable" boost thing! lol but I will say that I dont really want it wrapped in a yamaha skin- no offense to anyone! I like the way the polaris RMK chassis handles, and therefore I'd rather keep it and put a big power motor in it!

I'm not saying this can't be done, but I have seen it attempted three times with very poor results. As it turns out there is a reason Yamaha chassis weigh more. Has to do with balance and durability. By the time you get the chassis beefed up to handle the HP and torque it weighs as much as a Yammi and still has balance issues.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
It is a cool idea, but it won't handle the same once you put an extra 75 lbs on it. I personally think the Apex chassis is hard to beat for most riding conditions, and may be one of the best deep snow chassis out there.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Go to Klode.com and search inventory. They occasionally have a wrecked Yamaha sled there. You just have to watch for the sale date and line up someone that can buy it through the auction for you.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
It is a cool idea, but it won't handle the same once you put an extra 75 lbs on it. I personally think the Apex chassis is hard to beat for most riding conditions, and may be one of the best deep snow chassis out there.

lol are you kidding?? the nytro is light years ahead of the apex in terms of handling, rider positioning, deep snow imo

Premium Features