• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha Nytro A-Arms

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Guys I really appreciate all of the input and I'm talking with a few manufactures to see who to go with! I'll keep you all updated!

M
Jan 14, 2004
If you want the dirt cheap option look for a set of stock 08 MTX arms. They were 38 inches wide not 40 as in the 09 and later arms. I rode a Zbroz sled and my 08 arms equipped Nytro back to back on the same line and the Zbroz were easier to initiate a side hill but no easier to hold it. IMO the majority of your benefits come from narrowing the stance. You can pick up 08 arms for 50 bucks to try out. I wouldn't even worry about the weight loss selling point its all hype anyways. I like the stock skis as well nothing too fat. Lastly use soffffffffffft shocks with real springs never any of the Floats.

M5

Last edited:

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
If you want the dirt cheap option look for a set of stock 08 MTX arms. They were 38 inches wide not 40 as in the 09 and later arms. I rode a Zbroz sled and my 08 arms equipped Nytro back to back on the same line and the Zbroz were easier to initiate a side hill but no easier to hold it. IMO the majority of your benefits come from narrowing the stance. You can pick up 08 arms for 50 bucks to try out. I wouldn't even worry about the weight loss selling point its all hype anyways. I like the stock skis as well nothing too fat. Lastly use soffffffffffft shocks with real springs never any of the Floats.

M5

The 09 Mtxs have the same width as the 08Mtxs. It was not until 2010 that the stance got wider. There is no point in changing Nytro arms unless you go forward with the spindles. It makes that much of a difference.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Guys I really appreciate all of the input and I'm talking with a few manufactures to see who to go with! I'll keep you all updated!
If you want to do it cheap I have my original 2008 front end... it had about 700 miles on it when I changed it...

Snowmixer

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2014
Snohomish, WA
Since the subject of width has come up more than a few times here, I would like to have it clarified. The "36-" or "38-" or "40-inch" stance is measuring from the center of one spindle/center of the ski width to the center of the other. Is that correct?

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Since the subject of width has come up more than a few times here, I would like to have it clarified. The "36-" or "38-" or "40-inch" stance is measuring from the center of one spindle/center of the ski width to the center of the other. Is that correct?

Correct.

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
If you want to do it cheap I have my original 2008 front end... it had about 700 miles on it when I changed it...

Well what would you want to sell that for? It may be easier for me to just get that for now until I can decide a direction to move with a most costly set.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Well what would you want to sell that for? It may be easier for me to just get that for now until I can decide a direction to move with a most costly set.

Pointless to go that route. You might as well just space each ski in 1".

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
You can space the ski in on the 38" arms as well for an even narrower stance.

M5

You are correct. A 38" ski stance gives you a range of 36-40". But unless you move the spindles forward you are left with the same ill handling traits that the Nytro is famous for. Another thing to keep in mind is that once you move the spindles forward, the sled handles as if it has a narrower ski stance in the powder.

Last edited:
Premium Features