• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Under Tunnel Exhaust for Nytro

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
I installed a Micron muffler on a Excel Vector header, OFT block-off plate
installed tail light wire under tunnel and to do yet install skidoo jerry can and
POLISH POLISH

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
The shop I frequent, Rexburg Motor Sports, just installed their 3rd MCX this week. And I had a chance to crawl under the tunnel and take a pretty close look at it.

From what I saw, and what the mechanics said, there should be NO problem with dumping the exhaust from the MCX to an under tunnel Muffler.

The challenge will be the INTAKE.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

The intake will be easy with a mountain mod seat....the muffler thing let me know we have tried and no luck so far....with the way the exhaust housing on the turbo faces forward you would have to do a 180 and then hang the muffler out the back. Anything we have tried the snow has restricted the flow. Have you seen the pics of the CR tunnel dump ? Its a touch noisy in the garage but when riding its fine....and it dumps towards the front of the sled which never has problems with deep snow...Check epic snow thread in general:D 2500 miles on my MCX set up now just saying what I have seen.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The intake will be easy with a mountain mod seat....the muffler thing let me know we have tried and no luck so far....with the way the exhaust housing on the turbo faces forward you would have to do a 180 and then hang the muffler out the back. Anything we have tried the snow has restricted the flow. Have you seen the pics of the CR tunnel dump ? Its a touch noisy in the garage but when riding its fine....and it dumps towards the front of the sled which never has problems with deep snow...Check epic snow thread in general:D 2500 miles on my MCX set up now just saying what I have seen.
THANKS.
I am trying to get all the real world input I can.
What it sounds like your describing to me is a "Plumbing" issue. Getting the right pipes with the right angles that do not restrict the exhaust gas flow...

Hmmmmm
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I found this thread over on Mudd and Snow.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...ytro+turbo&usg=__eSRE_uMKWHaSJ3WNZpHdEd62-SQ=

2418482180049038271S600x600Q85.jpg

2246057650049038271S600x600Q85.jpg

2898903860049038271S600x600Q85.jpg

2811515660049038271S600x600Q85.jpg

2056158950049038271S600x600Q85.jpg

2085521220049038271S600x600Q85.jpg

2846747540049038271S600x600Q85.jpg

2434369570049038271S600x600Q85.jpg

2653673280049038271S600x600Q85.jpg

S

Swelly

I used a Kawasaki ZX 10 Muff. Was a little worried about the size of the outlet, but am hitting rpm just fine. The turnout works fine, but think I am going to take it off. Had it pointing to help with the clogging. Then I have decided if I am on the pipe it should not clog.

I highly recommend the OFT block off plate. Fits great and looks good to. Comes with everything except the drill and rivet tool.

DSC00908.jpg DSC00909.jpg DSC00911.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It has been posted before...this is Otis sled...the muffler will be different than this one, but the rest is the same...

nytroseat2.jpg

nytroseat5.jpg

Interesting difference between the advertising shot on their web site and the real thing. The little extra color from the powder coating makes a HUGE difference in appearance.

480_SPG_Nytro_Seat_Kit_-_New_1.JPG

480_SPG_Nytro_Seat_Kit_Pic_-_New.JPG

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Is there a structural difference in the seat frames?
It "looks" like the metal frame is pretty much the same.
Just the photos from Otis' install are much more illustrative of the structure because its in RED rather than in Black.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
The only difference is you cut off the muffler mount and have it coated. Mine is set up the same way as his. They dont make a different seat and the under the tank bag they said is a custom order and mine was the second one. Maybe this is the first??? Very nice products for sure and nice guys to deal with. They send the mesh with but its not installed so you can decide if you want it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Perfect!

Thanks.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
If your thinking MXC for a summer upgrade the skins seat isnt gonna work is it? Murray at mountain mod can build the turbo seat with out the whole in the back (just dont cut the material) and then you can run it with an under tunnel exhaust. Then when you install your turbo you can re use the same seat. I saw the muffler pics and my take is you have to do a 180 to get the exhaust going back and every time I have seen a exhaust facing back in certain snow conditions it will plug off causing problems..... Also since I switched to a tunnel dump I think its alot easier on the header....which means less cracks to worry about....and the header will crack over time.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
i did an under tunnell exhaust on my nytro in the fall with excell header and experimented with several different bike style mufflers. if you like the stock quiet exhaust think twice before doing this. mine was too loud imo, i ended up taking it off and going back to stock. I experimented with turnouts going down, sideways, 180 to front, etc it was just too loud for me with a lot of annoying resonation in the tunnell. Some may disagree but just my 02. However, with a turbo it is much quieter. rode with some mcxpress turbo nytros dumped under tunnell with mufflers and they were surprisingly quiet.

Last edited:
G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
?

So, i really like the Skinz seat and would like to do under the tunnel exhaust (on my Tnytro that i am going to get next year of course)... Would it be possible to run MCX turbo with under the tunnel exhaust and Skinz seat kit with the intake coming out just under the seat AND have some sort of block off plate? Sorry about the loaded question. But i am probably jumping ship to a Tnytro soon and have been searching for info on all the little (and big) mods for them. Because why leave anything stock? (Rhetorical question)
Thanks for all the info so far guys.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
I have never seen a MCX turbo first hand so Im not 100% but looking at pics and knowing what my seat is like I see no reason that it would not work. I'll try to get some pics of it tonight without the bag and see if the stock exhaust cover/seat mount would fit under it. The seat is actually designed to fit on the 8 stock mounting bolts.

Premium Features