• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 dragon 800 track ratchet

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Gotta run the track fairly tight to stop the racheting. I think the spec is 1/2" to 3/4" free space between the rail and track with a ten pound weight on the inside of the track. The track will strech a little when it's new, after you adjust it a couple of times it's usually good. If your sled is needing a track adjustment, you should also check your chaincase chain as it also streches a bit when new.

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Avid drivers.....then you can run track a bit looser, hyfax will last and it'll free up a little track speed.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
I've found that I can climb better with a tight track. I swapped sleds with my friend one day and noticed that when he gave it throttle the track would have a big gap between it and the front of the rails. This made the attack angle of the track really bad. Have never had it ratchet once after I tightened it up.

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
Avid drivers are about the only cure. Cut out that center driver, ice build up on that floating driver can cause the track to be pushed out and ratchet as well.

Premium Features