• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ok, I admit, I am getting lazy

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I got to thinking that it would be nice if our 1100's had a momentary push button start switch like alot of four wheelers have right on the handle bars.

YOu leave the key start switch there. Turn it to the run position and then use the factory kill switch to kill the motor and then have some sort of push botton momentary start switch to start it.

I can just hear the flaming now, "you lazy b-word, how lazy can you be?", but four wheelers have this, so why not sleds?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I got to thinking that it would be nice if our 1100's had a momentary push button start switch like alot of four wheelers have right on the handle bars.

YOu leave the key start switch there. Turn it to the run position and then use the factory kill switch to kill the motor and then have some sort of push botton momentary start switch to start it.

I can just hear the flaming now, "you lazy b-word, how lazy can you be?", but four wheelers have this, so why not sleds?

I like this idea. . . I am thinking it may be as easy as tapping into the wiring to the switch.

The main problem is I am to lazy to take the time to figure it out. The other main issue is that the key on the 11t keeps the gauge and stuff on when on even with the kill switch off.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Been done.....

If you search my good buddy Cold Puss on here for vids or ones I posted on here with his sled you will see it starts with the hi/low beam switch he converted to a momentary. He has a full halo/LED light show going on so doesn't need hi/low. It's not as easy as you think but putting in a separate switch would make it easier.

Get almost as many questions on that as the stereo. Super cool.

Leave it to the stereo guy :der:

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
So Jeff, do you get off and help get your sled unstuck or just sit of the seat and yell pull, pull!

The funny thing is about these torque tanks is that if you get stuck you can just hold the flipper WFO and bounce the machine back n forth and 95% of the time it pulls itself out. Only one warning I am now replacing my exchanger as a buried object in Utah damn near went through the exchanger using this method.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I've never met Jeff, but I do see how his minds works by reading the forums. Is it really true that he is so lazy, he married a pregnant women?

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I've never met Jeff, but I do see how his minds works by reading the forums. Is it really true that he is so lazy, he married a pregnant women?

Now, now Digger, don't give these idiots any more ammunition..

JSun and Hill are just jealous of my unbelievable riding skills.......

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Good way to end up with a dead battery. I use the key to kill it as much as possible now. Used the kill switch but didn't turn the key off and ended up with a dead battery.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Good way to end up with a dead battery. I use the key to kill it as much as possible now. Used the kill switch but didn't turn the key off and ended up with a dead battery.

Hmmm, that is interesting.

I never use my key to kill the motor, and leave the key on for weeks in my garage and never had the battery drain at all.....just always have used the kill switch.

Premium Features