• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Toe holds

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
I rode the first 2 seasons without them. Was just fine, never missed them at all. Decided to try out the fixed toe holds, put them on at the beginning of the season and I never even noticed I put them on.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Have not had toe holds in years. Picked up a 2014 Pro-RMK as a spare sled and the first thing I noticed was the "toe-holds" were just in the way and restricted movement. Riding the Gen4 and glad it does not have "toe holds".

Just my $.02

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I've debated about them also , the set ones or the adjustable .
It's her ride but I do hop on it once in a while and I'm pretty sure they would make a difference flipping it from side to side at fairly aggressive speed in good snow conditions . There is nothing that even attempts to assist the feet from coming out of the foot hold when I want it to stay in there somewhat while throttling the dog crap out of it .

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I rode a couple weekends without the toe holds, I didn’t initially think I would need them.

But after a while I realized that I did. Without the toe holds I was hooking the base of the side panels and probably would have trashed them eventually.

If you like carving hard, especially downhill, I would recommend them. They allow you to ride super aggressively when your feet are in the neutral position, good for elbow dragging turns and still being able to pull back up really hard into transition

I don’t think I would be happy now without them. Also, install was easy, like 5 mins.

But that’s just my opinion.

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
Absolutely not needed for a mountain rider!! Probably good for the trail.:juggle:

Last edited:

BigK

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bountiful, UT
www.marshallradio.com
Little different perspective on this. Having ridding doo for most of my adult life, I did stray into the Polaris realm for a few years (Pro/Axys). The first few rides on the Pro, i found their footwell area to be really tight (especially riding with bigger boots (stiff snowboard style HMK’s with inner and outer boots). And worried about being able to get my feet out in quick maneuvers.

Fast forward 4-5 rides, I really tarted using the toe holds while carving powder turns, and in initiating some side hills. It really helps to tie your body into the sled. And I liked that feeling.

Now coming back to doo with an 850, installed the fixed toe holds immediately. Wish they were about 3/8” lower, but use them all the time. Let’s me straddle the sled more frequencyly (vs. having to jump to one board or the other). When climbing or playing in the Pow.

To each his own, but thought I’d share a different perspective.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I couldn’t agree more.

There are LOTS of mountain maneuvers where the toe holds reduce the effort required, and allow you to stay straddling the sled a lot more. It’s just one of those things that you have to give a fair trial before an honest assessment can be made. In my opinion.

julians

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2010
Park City Ut
I had the fixed toe holds on my Summit 850 for two seasons. I took them off this year. On steep side hills when I was up on the running boards my food would get stuck when the sled started to loose it's edge. I was either thrown over the sled down hill or had to jump over the sled down hill, not ideal. They are great for messing around but not needed for mountain riding IMHO.

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
When riding powder I'm rarely if never standing forward in the location of the toe holds. I also get so much snow build up in that area they would just be in the way of kicking it off and possibly making the build up worse.

Believe me I serious considered the toe holds and poled everyone at my local dealer and they all said no.

Premium Features