• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New magnetic tether

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
does anybody know if you can buy the new magnetic tether that was shown on the new 19's? Id like to replace the basic one on my 18 with the new style. looked on the website and couldn't find it

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I wonder if it can be spliced into the current setup like a simple 2 wire setup. Cause I thought I remembered seeing it tied into the wiring harness (not plugged in) on the 19

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
the main harness extends to a plug into the back of it. there is no middle section of harness you can buy to splice into it and the plug end in the back is molded into the tether. the plug and pin assemble is quite small too.

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
Believe it should be off backorder this month. Have one on order. Just don't remember the day to come off backorder.

yeah and its backordered I guess. it says it should fit the 2018 M8000 so that's good. have to go check one out at the dealer and see how they are wired in

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
If cat was smart they produce a retro kit with a tether and a piece of wiring to go back to the older versions

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Can someone please post a photo or a couple photos of the tether connector so we can make sure we are ordering the proper part number for our Arctic Cat customers who are installing their Phantom Laser Teth-Air's

Thank you.

Chris

klim-in

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
Idaho
The new magnetic tether kit does not come with any wiring to wire in to sled, new sleds have the harness already on sleds, so I have ordered several plugs that Im going to wire up, they have to be assembled, same plug the factory uses to plug in to tether.
Send me an message for anyone looking to have me send them a plug to wire in, you wanna be using the correct plug because they have a seal on them to keep water out.

The talk going on now is finding out if the new magnetic tethers are programmed into the ECU of the sled, we don't think it is but the word is still out on that.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
these are still just a simple normally open switch like the old ones, no security built in. they must have some type of pigtail attached that we could splice into the old tether harness and be done with it no? or is it a special connector on the tether base itself?

klim-in

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
Idaho
these are still just a simple normally open switch like the old ones, no security built in. they must have some type of pigtail attached that we could splice into the old tether harness and be done with it no? or is it a special connector on the tether base itself?

On the back of the magnetic tether their is a special sealed locking plug that is used to connect tether into the main harness, their is no harness available from Arctic Cat, so Im building a wire harness using the same identical sealed locking plug with about a foot long wiring, the plugs have to be built using special crimping tools to assemble. I ordered a bulk amount from the UK and Ill have them available by end of this week.
PM me for anyone looking for one.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
On the back of the magnetic tether their is a special sealed locking plug that is used to connect tether into the main harness, their is no harness available from Arctic Cat, so Im building a wire harness using the same identical sealed locking plug with about a foot long wiring, the plugs have to be built using special crimping tools to assemble. I ordered a bulk amount from the UK and Ill have them available by end of this week.
PM me for anyone looking for one.

I will definatly be interested in one!. this is another option I found today utilizing the actual BRP tether. not the cheapest option though at 250 Canadian.
category_shark_teather.jpg
The shark tether is our answer to endless aftermarket tether failures. This product utilizes the Ski Doo RFID teather post and RFID key. It comes with the Redline Performance shark box that grounds your engine kill circuit when the tether is pulled from its post. Simply wire in power and ground and then kill your wire. Normally open (grounded to stop engine).

http://redlineengineperformance.ca/products_general_snowmobile.html

klim-in

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
Idaho
The harnesses are coming along, by monday Ill be ready to send out some.

The plug in the middle is for 850 poo owners only.

DSC05469.JPG

Premium Features