• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Delete T- motion or keep it?

Delete T- motion or keep it?

• Keep T-motion

Votes: 89 42.4%
  • Delete

Votes: 106 50.5%
  • Deleted it without testing first

Votes: 15 7.1%

• Total voters

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
WOW! Almost 60% deleting it. I would not have guessed so many people found it to be a "feature" they did not want. Maybe you Doo guys will get luck and they will take note. The sled could use a fresh skid design. T-Motion and flex edge is what keeps me from considering one.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
This is nowhere near true where I live , out of dozens of doos I ride with there is not a single one locked out, as a matter of fact I have only ever seen a few lock outs in all the sleds I looked at. Next arctic man I will do a little survey and have a look at al the doos there, lets say I sample 100 sleds and count on how manny have lock out washers on them. That will be just a short walk to do there. I bet it is less than 10% if that much. Fact is it is that it is mostly gear heads on here that cannot leave stuff alone. Even I would try it just to try not because I see a need. Than there is that I just bought a Camso Conquer 2.6 track because I always wanted a 15 wide Sure as heck don't need it. But It will be awesome.
Now If I could only get some snow to try it in. Worst low snow Year ever up here.

M
Dec 17, 2016
Northern Illinois
I have my skid locked via the Munster T-mo Delete. The kit is very nice but I was also very skeptical about how the sled would react. Trying my best to be completely unbiased, I did right hand and left hand side hills across various hills to see how the sled would react. To my surprise I could feel that the skid was much more predictable and was able to hold its edge much better over other tracks and snow packs. I am now a believer. This year I will run the Munster delete for the season but next year I plan on going with Tom's rear skid kit. I tried fox floats up front and love them so I can't wait to get them in the rear as well.

JungleJim

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Left it stock on both my G4's and love the quick initiation of a turn with the T-Motion... then again where we ride its all fresh almost 99% of the time! Only tracks we typically come across are our own ha ha!

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I for one would not like to loose the "Summit feeling" the super nice fluid turn ins that you get with the T motion.

I have ridden all the different sleds over the Years and they all have strong points and weaknesses.

I also build several custom builds that had very little left of the original sleds.

Sleds these days are so good out of the box that besides miner dials there is little

needed for top performance. Most of us concentrate so much on the sled that

they forget to dial in the rider. :face-icon-small-win

ThePennySaved

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2017
AK
I'm still on the fence. I installed the ZRP lockout washers and have two days on them so far. My impression is that what you gain in stability and holding a straight, constant line in variable snow is offset by the fact that everything takes a little more effort. Gone is the "Summit feeling" mentioned above where you wiggle your hips a little and the sled turns. Surfing through meadows is a little less enjoyable. But you gain the ability to confidently point and shoot through narrow tree gaps.

Put another way, with T-Motion it seems like you always need to be on an edge; it doesn't like to be perfectly dead center. But it's very easy to fluidly transition edge to edge. With the lockout washers, the sled will stay dead center, but it takes more effort to transition edge to edge and you lose the smooth, surfy feel.

I'm going to give it a couple more days and then remove them to compare again with stock.

This is on a 19 Summit X 165x3 with (otherwise) stock suspension.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Maybe the adjustable limiter strap kit should be reworked to lock up the t-motion at the same time.

Best of both worlds. I love the playful and effortless meadow carving abilities these sleds have.

Just watch, someone is gonna “invent” that now.

ThePennySaved

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2017
AK
Maybe the adjustable limiter strap kit should be reworked to lock up the t-motion at the same time.

Best of both worlds. I love the playful and effortless meadow carving abilities these sleds have.

Just watch, someone is gonna “invent” that now.

That would be fantastic.

I'm basically waiting until I have a day to do some big climbs to see whether or not I leave the lockout washers installed. It may end up where if I know I'm going to be primarily climbing glaciers and tandem riding for sled-skiing I will install them but for mellower terrain I'll leave them out and stay playful.

Seriously though, if someone devises a method to simultaneously lockout T-Motion and raise the limiter strap and then flip a switch to revert it ... shut up and take my money.

Or I could get real extravagant and buy a second sled to maintain and watch depreciate ...

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
If you want predictable and even easier turning try a 15 wide track.

Just got back from my first ride with one and love it.

I say its the 16 wide flexed track more so than the T motion that is the issue.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
If you want predictable and even easier turning try a 15 wide track.

Just got back from my first ride with one and love it.

I say its the 16 wide flexed track more so than the T motion that is the issue.

Which 15 inch track did you go with?

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Tried the new 2.6 conquer track.

It is a very soft compound so hopefully it will not trench as bad as the 2.8 with its hard rubber compound.

25% less turn in force as advertised side by side with my wife's 16 wide 3" actually seems legit.

Carving the meadows in 1'5 feet fresh is like riding a surfboard.

Also is much more predictable crossing frozen tracks.

Not enough snow up high to get a good feel in deep and steep conditions though

R
Nov 12, 2016
what 15 wide and 3" track i can try on my summit?
is it possible to put arctic cat power claw 3" on the summit?
just hate how my summit sidehills on the steep creek walls
i got already zrp lockout,gripper skis..

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
what 15 wide and 3" track i can try on my summit?
is it possible to put arctic cat power claw 3" on the summit?
just hate how my summit sidehills on the steep creek walls
i got already zrp lockout,gripper skis..

If you have a 154 it might be doable. Just need to change out your drivers for some 3.0 inch drivers. Its going to be 1 inch shorter, so that may or may not be a problem.

How did you find the zrp lockout? Noticeable difference?

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I'm thinking the flex edge plays a bigger part in that than people think.

Certainly it plays a big part because t-motion really doesn't allow that much movement. Sure wish they would just give up on the gimmicks and redesign the old skid and supply a rigid 15" track. I fail to see the allure of that riding a barrel down the river feeling.

Flydanner

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2018
I personally like the t-motion I tried the washers and ended pulling them out I found that a slightly stiff rear suspension gave me the best of both worlds. I agree there is a lack of confidance shooting over existing tracks through the trees but the lack of playfulness out weighed the other. Just my 2 cents. Also just a note 2 guys we ride with love it locked out so to each there own.

D
Mar 13, 2014
I have mine deleted and I like it...BUT after riding with Jay Mentaberry & Steve Martin this year both with T-Motion it does not matter. Those dudes are unreal.

Premium Features