• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP Warrany Bulletin on 2018 850 E-Tec

Teamdog

Premium Member
So I got the call from the sales guy about my sled telling me to bring it in before riding and they would test to see if the bolts were good or not.
It was a sunny day so I loaded the beast up on the trailer and headed down to the dealership.
The service department guy grabbed a torque wrench jumped up on the trailer we pulled the cover off and opened up the side cover and he proceeded to try and torque the top bold and......POP goes the bolt. A big fail!!!
I am so glad that Doo put out the bulletin and I found out my ride needed to have the bolts replaced.
Probably saved about $800 in Heli fees knowing my luck!!
Left the sled there and will pick it up tomorrow all fixed and ready to rock the Coquihalla as soon as we get enough snow!!
Bring on the snow!!!

Later....

H

Hunter339

Feb 13, 2017
Decided to take a look at the two bolts on my 2018 freeride after hearing about the warranty bulletin, and the lower bolt was already broke, I had to reach under and find the head in the pan below the primary! Has anyone else found the bolt already snapped off before even trying to torque them?

Premium Features