• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Polaris predictions

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
What's everyone's thoughts on what's going to come out in feb?

My guess you will see the first production sled under 400 lbs dry, and a few tweaks here and there.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Love me or hate em.....
The new Doo 850 has all eyes on it. Some great reviews so far. I'm concerned a bit if my Axys can hang.

Concerned? Why on the hell would you be concerned? As long as your knuckles are in the wind and you're having a ball, who cares. Buy a doo if you have to but don't be so worried about the next guy. I'm sure most of the guys and gals on here can highmark me all day doesn't mean they're having more fun than I am.
Just ride brother.

OP- BNGs and maybe a few new part numbers is my guess.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Your worried? Lol throw a pipe set on your axys if you want.. I was planning on doing it but I love this sled stock so much Im going to leave it alone. For 2018 I'd expect minor adjustments and bng. If you think they need more than that you're in dream land. This is the best out of the box sled on the market.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
I am thinking mostly BNG. Would be cool if they offer something like the LE but reduces weight not add a bunch of crap. Call it the L.W & get it under 400 pounds just for bragging rights.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
I have a 16 but if they have a better wiring harness, improved a arms, smaller seat(narrower), redesign hood or head light to be lighter, redesign 2.6 track to 3 or 3 1/4" pitch, then I'll snow check.....BNG and a tunnel bag I might be buying a skidoo

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I agree with the others on not being worried about an Axys vs Doo's 850. After all, Doo needed to make their motor bigger to best the Axys 800. I'm not knocking anyone, but that is what happened. I've ridden the 850 and I think it will be a great sled when the new sled stuff is worked out.

I'm really wondering if Polaris is going to chase Doo though. I agree they can't do a 900, or label it that anyway. That's too much bad press. They could stretch for a 1000, but I think we've learned that more torque isn't really what works well in snowmobiling (or the AC 1000 would still exist). I think Polaris will go down the route of a factory turbo. Polaris twins work well with turbo power. They are very reliable. Expect a fuel controller that is automated but very specific on boost and rich fuel management. Something that Polaris would know if tampered with (modded).

But in reality...just BNG's.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Just by changing the track to a Camso 2.8" with 3.5" pitch and a few weight saving tweeks would put a 156" pro under 400 lbs.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I agree with the others on not being worried about an Axys vs Doo's 850. After all, Doo needed to make their motor bigger to best the Axys 800. I'm not knocking anyone, but that is what happened. I've ridden the 850 and I think it will be a great sled when the new sled stuff is worked out.

I'm really wondering if Polaris is going to chase Doo though. I agree they can't do a 900, or label it that anyway. That's too much bad press. They could stretch for a 1000, but I think we've learned that more torque isn't really what works well in snowmobiling (or the AC 1000 would still exist). I think Polaris will go down the route of a factory turbo. Polaris twins work well with turbo power. They are very reliable. Expect a fuel controller that is automated but very specific on boost and rich fuel management. Something that Polaris would know if tampered with (modded).

But in reality...just BNG's.

I highly doubt this based on a market/cost basis. Simply, the sled would cost $18K-20+

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I know a new PIDD 2.0 just came out but with the addition of Ride Command on the RZRs, I would not be surprised to see another upgraded nav/instrument display

Premium Features