• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHO is building Turbos for the new E-Tec 850?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
After spending 2 seasons on 1100turbos and then a couple more on m7000 mpi turbo I certainly have a love and appreciation for boosted 4-bangers. Having said that and spending most of the last 3 seasons on two strokes, I don't ever see myself riding a 4-stroke sled again for a long time. Boosted 2-strokes are just a different animal and this season is going to be amazing.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
After spending 2 seasons on 1100turbos and then a couple more on m7000 mpi turbo I certainly have a love and appreciation for boosted 4-bangers. Having said that and spending most of the last 3 seasons on two strokes, I don't ever see myself riding a 4-stroke sled again for a long time. Boosted 2-strokes are just a different animal and this season is going to be amazing.

This will be your first season on a 2 stroke turbo?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Having spent a number of years on a 4 stroke turbo because I didn't feel that a 2 stroke turbo could work, I rode an etec turbo last year and was super happy with it. I would love to have the new 850 with a turbo but the money is just not there for me to pull that off this year. So I will ride my 800T etec again this year. Would love a p-drive on it and a 3 inch track. . . We shall see what I can find.

I feel the biggest thing that people find hard with my 800 turbo is the throttle response, to which I am super happy with it. But it is definatly different than naturally aspirated but still far better than I could imagine it would be. That being said this 850 with the lightweight crank and clutch should have that covered all day long. Couple that with the aerocharger and I can see many people flipping them over backwards off the line like I watched the axys videos last year.

Chris I am excited for you to be on a two stroke. 4 stroke are fun but 2 stroke is just easier to ride. . . in most conditions.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
This will be your first season on a 2 stroke turbo?

Nope, been on OVS, CPC, silber and Boondocker (and a couple home built units) M8's since 09'. Usually have more than one sled at any given time. Have two M8, 2 pros and one special sled you may see in the doo booth at bay days today��

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The cat is now out of the bag.
This is the turbo I am installing on my new E-Tecs!!

Mountain Performance Inc. has released a 200-hp turbo system for the 2017 Ski-Doo 850 E-Tec. The kit comes assembled as shown in the photos, and the mountain version (standard version shown) will have a small exhaust muffler. The crew at MPI claim there will be no extra weight added to the sled versus what is removed, for a zero-pound net weight gain. Watch www.snowest.com for more details.
#haydays #skidoo #turbo

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
37ada5483b937d6952725cf170aad32e.jpg

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
What is mpi using for fueling system?