• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How are AXYS Big Bores coming along?

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
The stage 3 bmp kit made 166 hp over at dtr with our testing a couple months ago.
That's the shim, pistons,head,bully dog,pipe and muffler.
That's the plain honest truth.

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Peak numbers are relatively useless guys. It's the gains that should be shown and I should have mentioned our stock run.

This was on a same day baseline run of 152 stock horsepower. Very cold Wisconsin air. All testing is done at 1200ft elevation and of course you will lose at altitude. All altitude parameters are kept in place so as you go up, it runs as good... well actually better than a stock fuel map.

Ratchit - Many variables in a dyno session come into factor. We take our time to do it right and make sure we have an accurate baseline for that day. You are welcome to come see how we dyno. Our setup is top notch and has many features you won't find at DTR to mimic real world results. That stage 3 kit runs and I know as I ran mine all year. In the flat land or in the mountains they keep up with our strong running 860 CFI motors no problem. They make power plain and simple, and that has shown on our dyno and in the field. If you feel your stage 3 is not making power something is definitely wrong with your build. We would suggest sending a data log to us for analysis.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
No, I had some durabilty issues with the kit i had on my proride 800, so removed it and put in a slp stage 3 engine with one of indydans LR cranks.

The BB ran very strong, when it ran, but got tired of wrenching more than riding when the second set of pistons went bad. Since then I have moved on to the axys chassis.

The axys is just so strong and responsive out of the box, that I so far have left the engine stock. But I have a pipe on the way now, these sleds seems to make good power just with one added.

Only thing is that I think the sled looses rpm sometimes om the top end, having the ex valves and everything related checked by dealer next week.

This past weekend, we had a 15 Pro out and a 16 AXYS. The snow was the same both days but the weather changed from dry to damp. Both sleds lost 200-300 RPMS in the damp weather.

I think it is a air pressure sensitivity.

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
This past weekend, we had a 15 Pro out and a 16 AXYS. The snow was the same both days but the weather changed from dry to damp. Both sleds lost 200-300 RPMS in the damp weather.

I think it is a air pressure sensitivity.

You most likely hit your warm weather map which comes into play at 45 degrees intake temp(yes that's under the hood!). For trail riders you can see that on a 25-30 degree outside air temp day. Mountain guys moving slower and stacking snow on the hood.. constantly pinned... you can easily see that come into play on any given day above 15-20 degrees.

That warm weather fuel correction map is extremely poor and throws a ton of fuel at the sled. Basically they just stop correcting. Nothing like more fuel and warmer temps. :face-icon-small-dis

Our custom tune for the bully dog dramatically helps this problem on all levels from a stock with program, to a big bore.

-Mike

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Can you do this on a proride also? I ride some warm days and sure notice the change.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Yes same thing on the Pro-R sleds. They do have a slightly better air temp correction map than the new models, but not much. We fix all the same mapping issues as the Axys chassis.

We did not have the bully dog programming 100% for those this season. We worked with bully dog to get everything squared away for the software side, then worked with a few customers and they were very happy with the end results of the bully dog on the Pro-R. Now that everything is working, this will be an option for stock & all other performance mods we offer.

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
First off those are probably standard correct HP values, AKA basically close to sea level.

As for previous versions of the 860 or so BB for the Poo 800 probably used a piggy-back fuel controller, such as a PC-V. I think BMP will using the Bully Dog GT tuner for their 860. This unit always for a lot better tuning due to more variables are allowed to be changed to fine tune the fuel AND timing maps.

All dyno numbers from everywhere are corrected for Sea level, usually dry air and certain temp. It is standard for correction factor. The dyno will read actual numbers at that exact point to the operator but I've never seen those numbers posted anywhere.

Dyno is a tool that measures, then the correction factor for perfect conditions is always entered by the operator and that is the number always posted by anyone.

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
A company called HSK Racing over here (Norway) just dynoed their own 860BB for the axys, 169.3hp, with jaws pipe, rktek head, PCV with the ignition module and slp intake.

Several on snow over here, seems to run good from what I have heard.

And btw, they dynoed a bone stock 800 axys to 142hp, for what its worth.

And i think i would add racefuel to that "spec" list. I could be wrong, but i dont think i am.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
bd-extreme.com

Look at speed shop Inc 860. It rocks , all that needs said they constantly are dyno testing their products too

ridecascade.com

16 axys silber 7# exit shocks zbrozracing, arsfx 36 front bm fab boards and bumpers, speed shop inc clutching.....summit 850 165 here soon

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Yeah right. At what elevation?? . . 14,000 ft hahahaha!!
If not, someone needs to re-calibrate their dyno.

At sealevel, same sled they later put the BB on. I am just passing on the info, owning an axys myself I do not think this is a result that reflects the HP number of the axys, it pulls alot stronger than my old pro ever did. But for all I know there might have been issues with this specific sled, has been a few around here that dealers has taken back because of lack of power.

This BB seems to be a runner so far, one of scandinavias best watercross riders, Morten Blien has one in his race sled, and that sled runs.

But, time will tell how these works in the mountains when people get more miles on them next season. If there is anyone who is skeptical to new kits that is hyped, it is me, my last BB endeavour was just plain discouraging...

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Here is the link to our 860 big bore: http://bikemanperformance.com/snowm...axys-860-big-bore-kit-for-2015-up-800-ho.html

$2495 for the top end kit. Requires our normal single pipe & bully dog GT with our custom tune.. and of course some clutching (our stage 2 clutch kit is recommended). 186-187 on our dyno from mid 150's stock.

Add our y-pipe into the and create another 3-4hp making this a 190-191hp monster! Dyno sheet is in that link above.

-Mike

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Here is the link to our 860 big bore: http://bikemanperformance.com/snowm...axys-860-big-bore-kit-for-2015-up-800-ho.html

$2495 for the top end kit. Requires our normal single pipe & bully dog GT with our custom tune.. and of course some clutching (our stage 2 clutch kit is recommended). 186-187 on our dyno from mid 150's stock.

Add our y-pipe into the and create another 3-4hp making this a 190-191hp monster! Dyno sheet is in that link above.

-Mike

So, $2500 is for the top end kit only?

If so, what does the whole kit cost - pipe, controller, clutch kit, Y-pipe - as one would need all of the parts, i would think . .

I
Nov 26, 2007
Looks like 650 for the fuel controller, 500 for the pipe, 400 for clutching, 300 for the can that's required for below 6k' couldn't find a price for the y pipe, I'll guess 200. So around 4500 all in.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
$4500??
That price makes the boondocker sidekick turbo kit look pretty attractive at $3995. The turbo should add 60 HP at 6 psi boost, AND one gets to keep their stock parts and switch back to stock if needed, and/or move the turbo to a new sled :)

Humm . . . sure love the bottom end punch from a big bore though.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Looks like 650 for the fuel controller, 500 for the pipe, 400 for clutching, 300 for the can that's required for below 6k' couldn't find a price for the y pipe, I'll guess 200. So around 4500 all in.

It also helps that they give us 10% off, except for the actual big bore kit it self. I believe all of the above mentioned items are eligible for the discount.

The discount thread from Bikeman:
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401901

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
It also helps that they give us 10% off, except for the actual big bore kit it self. I believe all of the above mentioned items are eligible for the discount.

That brings the price down almost equal to that of the sidekick turbo. But, another thing to consider is that the turbo adds nearly twice as much HP (60 at 6 psi boost), and no mods are done to the engine itself. PLUS one can remove it and put on another sled. Can't do that with a big bore kit.

Just food for thought :)

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
I'd put our big bore or even stage 3 bolt-on kit up against any pump gas turbo. The turbo kits we've ridden with that claim "instant power" still will not touch a big bore on low end. In our experience when racing up hill, the turbo will fall behind and it takes a long chute to overcome the naturally aspirated instant power. With us and many others I'm sure... just depends on what you're doing. If it's climbing all day, turbo's work well. If you are playing around in technical areas and want predictable power on tap at any moment... then I'd highly suggest our stage 3 kit or 860 big bore.

We will be offering a complete big bore kit for $4295 which will include: Exchange big bore cylinder (bored, ported, plated), durability kit with Wossner big bore pistons, exhaust valve machining, top case half machining, BMP single pipe, BMP Y-Pipe, Bully Dog GT loaded with our custom 860 tune, Stage 2 adjustable clutch kit.

As said previously: If riding low altitude you will need a big bore muffler as the stock will be restrictive and limit horsepower.

Forum discounts do apply!

-Mike

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I'd put our big bore or even stage 3 bolt-on kit up against any pump gas turbo. The turbo kits we've ridden with that claim "instant power" still will not touch a big bore on low end. In our experience when racing up hill, the turbo will fall behind and it takes a long chute to overcome the naturally aspirated instant power. With us and many others I'm sure... just depends on what you're doing. If it's climbing all day, turbo's work well. If you are playing around in technical areas and want predictable power on tap at any moment... then I'd highly suggest our stage 3 kit or 860 big bore.

We will be offering a complete big bore kit for $4295 which will include: Exchange big bore cylinder (bored, ported, plated), durability kit with Wossner big bore pistons, exhaust valve machining, top case half machining, BMP single pipe, BMP Y-Pipe, Bully Dog GT loaded with our custom 860 tune, Stage 2 adjustable clutch kit.

As said previously: If riding low altitude you will need a big bore muffler as the stock will be restrictive and limit horsepower.

-Mike

At what, sealevel? I can't testify to you being wrong but I have trouble believing that above 8000' a big bore would hang with a turbo. My silber kit has very little lag even from idle. If you are moving lag is non existent

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY

-Mike

Haha...:face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features