• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How are AXYS Big Bores coming along?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Can't wait to see how this 910 is.
That stroker motor will be an absolute beast.

Do you guys have done target torque and hp numbers with these?

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
Since the physical dimensions of the AXYS engine and the ProRide engine are almost identical...I'd guess 860cc is the upper limit.

This is a small case motor where getting a lot more displacement out is difficult/spendy.

With the new lower cost turbos, with no fuel controller, I'll be a lot go that direction.

But hey.... always fun to play.

100% true statement here. Very hard for anyone to compete with the new markets of turbos being plug and play now. Especially when you start talking dollar for dollar. Very tall order for anyone to make a N/A sled run with a boosted sled of any sort and come out with less money spent. Like everything they each have their place and eventually comes down to personal preference. Most of the time the personal preference gets persuaded by dollar spent for power gained with time spent monkeying with things.

Plug and play kits are great but sometimes you want to try and get a little edge over your buddy with a couple of secrets that make your sled stand out. In my opinion that's half the fun of building a mod but do realize majority of people like to just have a sled they never have to mess with yet still have good power. Lot of options for the consumer which is a great thing about where the industry has gone. Truly something for everyone nowadays.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Bmp 860.

I have a new 16 for testing this year. So far so good. I have put a Bikeman can and pipe with the Bully Dog tuner . I am pretty impressed so far. Feels real good and they are telling me another 20hp with the 860. It runs like a 800 vs the older pro reminded me of a 700. I am trying to get the rpms down a bit it seams to really like 8450 its the 8700 it don't like put 68g weights in to see if we can get it down a bit. It's fun to play with a new sled so will see where we can take the new Polaris.

Turbotater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Magic Valley, Idaho
I can't believe no one had the foresight to start testing these motors last year

As some have said, we had to get a new axis motor in our hands and get it all blueprinted out.
That being said, the Axis and Pro motors are a lot the same.
If it appeared the kits wouldn't work on both Pro and Axis motors I wouldn't have taken the gamble and invested the time and money in this project.
That means we can build the kits on all the Pro motors from 2011 to 2015 (including the 11 and 12s with thin skirts) and the Axis if all goes as planned.
So far, everything seems to be lining up. :face-icon-small-hap

Turbotater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Magic Valley, Idaho
Things are coming together. We got the crankshafts for the strokers yesterday. They are a true work of art, if they perform half as good as they look well........... Thanks Brad.
We've got one mocked up and taking the last measurements we need to finish up the domes for the heads.
One of the things that has taken some extra time is research for components that are available now and in the future. There's been many motors built in the past with so many custom parts that they become throw away motors within a few short years. Our head oring should be the hardest part to come by for the consumer and should we quit stocking consumable parts they will be available from the manufacturer in a minimum quantity of 20 so it won't break the bank like having to order a minimum quantity of 12 to 24 pistons.
I not on the computer much these days so if you want quicker updates on this project you'll get them sooner on my facebook page (T8RZ Porting & Performance)
Braaaap on my friends!!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Get back out into the shop and get that stuff together, my friend.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Good luck in your venture.

If your dealing with Brad of the now defunked "Power Addiction Racing" for any of your parts, your going to need it. There is a reason you never hear about him anymore. One can only sh!t on so many customers before one starts to see the money stop coming into the store. IMO

So the stroked (910) crank is 74 mm stroke? There is not going to be much meat left on the lower rod end if you are running the stock crank pin diameter, without clearancing the cases.

Are you machining clearance into the crank case for the stroked rod to clear the case? 2mm is a lot to take out of the case in about a 3/4" wide circumferential ring. IMO

Or reducing the size of the crank pin and thus able to reduce the size of the lower rod journal? IMO Not a viable option if reliability is the goal.

Most of the stock and aftermarket rods (I have seen) have already had the bottom bearing journal reduced just to clear the cases. I know I would not be comfortable with another 2mm off the lower rod end. Are you reducing the lower rod journal 1mm and clearancing the case 1mm? Likely the best option, but still a gamble as far as reliability goes. One I would not take with a daily driver in the back country.

Long rod or stock geometry?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I can't wait to see pics of these monsters.

They hitting the snow soon?

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
I know of a 840 stroker and a 901 that are doing very well. Great numbers over stock. Just needed the awesome pipe built by jaws to help it along .:face-icon-small-hap

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
The 962 stroker.

I had one of the few 935 stroker motors that Jack Struthers made in a Vertical Escape. It ran twin SLP pipes. It was a beast! It blew away the 910 big bores. It packed the skis like a turbo. Incredible power. That kind of power in an Axys from a modern fuel injected motor would be cool!

Premium Features