• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 pro want to turbo it, but don't know what turbo to get.

S

silberpro

Aug 3, 2012
What do you mean converted?
Did they take your air 2 air core and ad a water housing?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Had a Silber kit last year, bad manufactered parts and huge lack of customer service. This was before Boston really started giving out help. Sold it cheap mid season.

Now have a Boondocker turbo kit non intercooled. Couldnt been more happy with it.

S

silberpro

Aug 3, 2012
Using a air 2 air intercooler and converting to water to air is very inefficient

C
Jan 16, 2013
thats funny, then why can i hold it wide open all day long and have low charge temps?pretty inefficent hey.When you get work done by actual professionals that build and race for a living you dont get stuck with ****. I spend the money to have better than the rest of the cheap people out there and it shows on the hill. Inefficeient would be spending a measly $3995 on a silber turbo like the rest of the people complaining on here and have nothing but problems

Last edited:

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Im pretty happy with my boondockers kit. Ive never ran with another Tpro so cant comment on others. My sled has been a pull and go sled tho not a single issue. If i were to buy another one right now id look into Boondockers and HM pretty hard. Not sure which one id end up with.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
One thing you will learn is that you will talk to different aftermarket guys and they will tell you different stories... To add to that there are always 3 sides to stories (yours, mine , and the truth).
It's best to do your research and come to an understanding of how components function and make an educated decision. Not I saw mr so n so climb this hill with billy bobs turbo kit.
Also always important to find someone who will help you when you need it, everything breaks it's just a matter of when.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
I would also add Turbo Boyz kit to my List of Boondockers and HM. As earlier stated never been around them but from reading about them and looking at there kits they seem well put together.

S

silberpro

Aug 3, 2012
Carms

Relax

A air 2 air core, and a water to air core are different. They are designed different.
Ask any intercooler company

Water to air core has different passage size for the water. More efficient transfer of heat.

All I was saying
You could have bought a water 2 air core to start from.
Like Boost-it does on there Pro kit, and TSS does on there ETEC kit

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Quality cost money and so does r&d. I chose to spend the the extra money on quality. There is no pull rope and go turbo there will always be some tuning on a two-stroke to much variability on them. I have built a turbo sled from many parts. When purchasing a kit I strongly recommend putting it on yourself. It will help in trouble shooting any problems that may arise. If you can not install one I don't think a turbo would be a good option. Research and more research on these kits there are some good options out there. There are very few turbos that work in tight trees. I have been waiting for some tree videos to show up that's where I will put my money on.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Didnt you just lose a motor on your boondocker setup Sunvang?

Yes. But that has nothing to do with the turbo kit brand, that was because I was pushing the limit with staight pump gas, stock head and too much psi.

The same wouldve probably happened on my last silber turbo if it would ever function as advertised.

T

TheJett29

Dec 6, 2007
Western ND
Revrider,

I see you are also from nd, I would say there is a true pull the rope turbo sled. You just need to have full control over everything, it is called Vipec...
If you ever want to see it run you are more than welcome, just pm me.
Tree riding??? It is more crisp than stock. We have tried four different setups and that one is in a league of its own.

Later
Jett

C
Jan 16, 2013
Who wants to carry a lap top around you ride and constantly tune..VIPEC is the worst option as far as im concerned. What a pain in the ***. I've never had to screw with one button with my boondocker kit. It truely is pull and go.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I have been around some turbos in Cooke city more than one make. I am not going to bash anyone product each to there own. Some have to stab the throttle to keep it cool or run it wide open. In three days rideing all the turbo sleds needed some attention in some sort. Getting the same quality pump fuel is a challenge maybe if one was running strait 114 it would be better. They have came along ways in short time fuel injection is making this easier.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Who wants to carry a lap top around you ride and constantly tune..VIPEC is the worst option as far as im concerned. What a pain in the ***. I've never had to screw with one button with my boondocker kit. It truely is pull and go.

there is no need to carry a lap top around. yes it will take one ride to get your corrctions dialed and make sure everything works correctly but after that rock on. i have one sled that has been ridden by everyone and there dogs. been to the hill over 100 times and has never even hooked the lap top to it since the first data logs where done. dont hate the vipec until you have tried it.

M

Muldonc

Dec 2, 2011
BC
HM turbo boondocking all afternoon in tiiiight trees today. Not a hiccup throttle response very good . My buddy on his stock Poo stuck three times, me none. Steep n deep creeks, no problem. The power was there when I needed it. Temp stayed at 127. Turbo and Vipec installed and set up by HM, Shane n Levi. 5 tanks of fuel, and all I do is dump fuel and oil in it. :face-icon-small-hap Only time I look under the hood.

Premium Features