• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DynoJet Powercommander V (Fuel and Boost)

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
The controller is $499 and the auto tune module is $279
pcv_pti_full_shot_harness_sensor.jpg

BigK,
Right now, we have Not put together a formal process to rework the existing PCV's out there. It would involve adding a secondary injector harness and the pressure/temperature sensor portions of the harness as well. We would have to see how many people would wish to upgrade their PCV to the new style and assemble a cost/labor estimate before beginning reworks.

Hairy Mark,
Thank you to Boston Racing for posting the picture of one of our PTI units. We're very excited and appreciate your willingness to give us a chance to meet your fueling needs.
The Power Commander shown is designed for the Arctic Cats, but the Polaris unit looks very similar with its one ECU connection, and the other legs of the harness are constructed the same. For more information, please visit http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Products/PowerCommanderVPti/powercommander_v_pti.aspx .

H

Hairy Mark

Nov 21, 2007
kettle falls
The controller is $499 and the auto tune module is $279
pcv_pti_full_shot_harness_sensor.jpg

thanks for the picture and the msrp info. question though, is that the unit that you would be using? the reason that i ask this is does it have a input for boost and how does it do it. and what does the secondary injector harness look like?

Hairy Mark,

Here is an actual image of a prototype unit for these Polaris's that I built a while ago.
The image shown above is NOT what you would be using, but nearly identical. It is the image available on our website.
The boost is sensed by the included TMAP sensor. Also, on standard PCV's, the expansion strip on the front of the unit allows you to insert your own Analog wire. This enables you to tap any 0-5V signal that you wish and configure the input to the PCV (typically, users tap their engine temp sensor or boost signal). This expansion strip is what is used for map switches also.

-There is one ECU connection (like what we use on N/A Polaris's)
-The secondary injector lead splitting to 2 connectors (EV1 or EV6 style)
-2 TMAP connections which plug into the sensors supplied with each kit. The "T" in the TMAP allows us to trim the fueling for temperature of the charge air as well if you wish.

I will gladly answer any and all of your questions.

~T.J.

19-004-PTI-SI6_zpsa6ac548a.jpg

Last edited:

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
What is the total cost of the kit?
PTI - $499.99
AutoTune - $270
Display - $299.99
Secondary Injectors I'm assuming is included in the 499 PTI?

So Total would be $1069.98 for the total package retail?

Just wanted to make sure i'm reading it right.

snow4shover,

The total price that a customer would pay to be set up to ride their machine is only the $499. That includes the PCV, both 3Bar TMAP sensors, software, cables, and instructions.
The cost of injectors are left up to the turbo kit builder, as they are with any system. They are built into the raw components of the kit such as turbo, muffler, charge tube/box (where the secondaries are installed). We are merely supplying the electronics to fuel the machine.

The Autotune and LCD are accessories that customers can purchase if they desire. They are never required on any machine running a Power Commander from Dynojet. These costs are optional to each individual within our line of accessories.

~T.J.

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
TJ,

Sounds good...i wasn't trying to bash...just to let you know. I was more comparing your kit to the vipec if someone was looking for a closed loop option. This makes the Dynojet a lot cheaper solution for the end user plus they get an AFR Gauge. Thats sweet you can do powerjets now.

Been riding much?

Shover

Chris,

Not at all - no bashing sensed in your post and none will come from me as well. Much respect....

We are very excited about the intense interest that numerous builders have taken in the Dynojet line. The secondary injection control has spurred this on...and as a turbo-head myself, I'm happy to be a part of it.

I have been riding both days of each past weekends in Buck Ridge for a total of 250 or so miles. Plus, we've been out in the field doing some work testing during the week....Yep - that's a real drag to go ride while on the clock!
The snow is great right now and quite stable!! There are still plenty of land mines to hit, but the 20" of fluff we've had makes it all worth it.

~T.J.

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Mine is about 80 %. I will post some vids next time out. Building the maps takes time but I think one more day and it will be good. It does look promising:yo:

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
We are waiting for a software update to secure our map, to prevent it from getting stolen.

The PCV will be availible from Silber Turbos later this season.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
No issues. We are looking to perfect the kit and the PCV will make for a great optional upgrade. Its all about options:face-icon-small-coo

There is no plan to do away with the base Silber controller at this point, only offer the PCV as an option. We are still testing them so its too early to commit to anything.

If you bought a kit from Next Level Powersports stay in touch with us and we will take care of you if the PCV option is something your interested in. If you bought it from another dealer I will still get you squared away but it might cost you a little more.

Last edited:
S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
So it is acknowledged that the dobek is an issue, for lack of better term. Just seems like way too much fooling with the box due to temps and elevation. Will there be a discount to customers that already bought 13 silber kit with the dobek? or some kind of trade?

I actually perfer to run the Dobeck box as of now over anyother controller on the market.

I want to see some other control boxes run open circuit boards and still stay alive. I have literally pissed on my dobeck box circuit board to prove a point to some people.

All PCV that we release will need to be purchased through Silber Turbos to obtain the correct mapping, Boxes without the correct map will void any warrantys.

Next year kits will have the options of 3 different fuel solutions. And a bunch of other cool goodies.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Honestly the auto tune is kind of waste on the two stroke from what I have found.

When we release the kit it will come only with the PCV. Again will be an option for the 2014 kit.

Premium Features