• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber 2013 Kits.....

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I would ask any avid sledder this question.....when does or has anything in this industry EVER happen by a promise date/time? I have had 4 snowcheck sleds over the last 11 years that didn't show up until mid-December or mid-January.

Often times those sleds didn't show up with their "promised" pre-season attributes.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
This is going to cause people that wouldn't normally buy a turbo kit to get one. Turbo kits are not for everyone. IMO you need to have a very good back ground in High Performance before buying a kit.\

AMEN to that....and it goes for ALL hi-po stuff. lol first question should be "How many times have you yourself pulled apart and changed pistons and rings in your past sleds?" Oh, you never have? no turbo for you !!! :face-icon-small-sad:face-icon-small-sad Then we could get into the good old, heres a used sparkplug,tell me what the motors doing and how you would fix it.
:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-sad

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Reading (not trolling :) ), I'm curious about the statements made that this kit is not for everyone. I'm still on the fence to take my Pro to a turbo but I'm not a hi performance tuner - just a backyard tinker (I keep my sleds running). But for a kit like this I'm hoping for a clean install and a pull and go application. Maybe that's a pipe dream.

It's good to know where products have not lived up to expectations. Hopefully everyone keeps a level head and BR and Justin tell us how they will avoid problems for upcoming year. I know they make a living at this but we spend a lot of money to have a kit like this too. I hope Silber is successful in these kits.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Installing turbos is not for everybody. The directions are one area that will get improved for 2013. I can get anybody setup on a turbo sled without any prior experiance and they will have a great time. It all comes down to service. If you buy a Silber kit the price includes great service. If we install your kit we ride with you, make sure you understand all the aspects of owning a turbo sled and ensure it is operating correctly.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
I just want to chime in and say I had pretty good luck with my 2012 kit that was self installed. I did have a minor issue but it sounds like it is being addressed for next season. Also, I can't say enough good things about the tech support BR has provided. I didn't even buy my kit through his shop and he has been great. He has answered his phone after hours on weekends, as well as met to help me out on a Sunday evening. If anyone wants a good deal as well as great support talk to BR. If I were in the market for another turbo I wouldn't look any further, I'm not at the moment but things can change!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Boston have you ever thought about a turbo school/class/ride/clinic? Get 6-8 guys with Silber Kits and help them install them over a 2-3 days. Explain how they work, what to look/lookout for, maintenance issues etc. Then ride the sleds for a 2-3 days and get them tuned in really well and double check the install. So a 4-5-6 days class where a guy shows up with his sled and kit and leaves with it installed, tuned and a head full of knowledge. I actually sold my kit never having installed it because there was no support in my area.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
That is a great idea and if we get enough interest we can make it happen!

We will also work on some type of event for Silber owners.We tried to do onelast year but the snow situation didnt allow it.

C

csam17

May 25, 2011
When I snow check a sled I know what I'm buying. In this situation that isn't even close to the case so the comparison isn't even remotely accurate. I absolutely think any manufacture who pre-sells there product and completely changes it and then doesn't deliver until 3 months after the original due date should offer anyone a refund. You can tell me all day long that he did it to make his kit better, that is a matter of opinion and is definitely not what I paid for. I'm not complaining about turbo related issues as I'm very familiar with high performance mods. I'm simply saying I should have received a refund and Silber was absolutely horrible to work with regarding this.

If you snow check a sled and back out you don't get your money back, but you think turbo companies should return your money.....I understand he changed his turbo but he did that to make his kit BETTER....

Another thing to think about when it comes to the amount of issues that Silber had was how many kits he sold.......When you sell more product you are going to have more issues...especially when selling a kit that is way more affordable. This is going to cause people that wouldn't normally buy a turbo kit to get one. Turbo kits are not for everyone. IMO you need to have a very good back ground in High Performance before buying a kit. Every kit has it own problems....sh*t even the boondocker 9 trailer video shows a problem with BD's kit but no one is complaining about that.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
When I snow check a sled I know what I'm buying. In this situation that isn't even close to the case so the comparison isn't even remotely accurate. I absolutely think any manufacture who pre-sells there product and completely changes it and then doesn't deliver until 3 months after the original due date should offer anyone a refund. You can tell me all day long that he did it to make his kit better, that is a matter of opinion and is definitely not what I paid for. I'm not complaining about turbo related issues as I'm very familiar with high performance mods. I'm simply saying I should have received a refund and Silber was absolutely horrible to work with regarding this.

In my opinion when you order something getting $500 off normal price and in his snow check thread he stated he had a new turbo, he was working on, everyone said it was a comp but he never stated it would be the final turbo. I know if I put money down I would know that the full details weren't worked out but that's why I am getting it discounted.

And there was no date set in stone, it was an estimate. I can count so many things that are never completed on time and you don't get your money back. For example having a sandrail built, think about shelling out 100k and waiting 8 months for it to be done, 2 months later than originally said. Or buying a house and it not closing in the original 30 days thought, or a mechanic saying your car will be done tomorrow and takes 3 more days because unforseen things happen. And the bottom line you were paying for a turbo kit for a pro which is what you would have got.

I'm personally glad silber stuck to a oiled turbo, just don't trust the comp setup in sled conditions. And sorry for you that you missed out on a great kit with a great support from both Justin and Boston.

C

csam17

May 25, 2011
Blah blah blah

Blah Blah Blah. I can't believe your even trying to make this argument. It's like your trying to advocate horrible service, bad promises and complete changes and if the customer doesn't like it well then tough titty said the kitty. If that's what your all about then by all means have at it. If I truly missed out then apparently I'm not the only one. Read the posts, obviously there are a few more who feel the same way I do. As far as I'm concerned I missed out on $500.00 the rest is just B.S.

In my opinion when you order something getting $500 off normal price and in his snow check thread he stated he had a new turbo, he was working on, everyone said it was a comp but he never stated it would be the final turbo. I know if I put money down I would know that the full details weren't worked out but that's why I am getting it discounted.

And there was no date set in stone, it was an estimate. I can count so many things that are never completed on time and you don't get your money back. For example having a sandrail built, think about shelling out 100k and waiting 8 months for it to be done, 2 months later than originally said. Or buying a house and it not closing in the original 30 days thought, or a mechanic saying your car will be done tomorrow and takes 3 more days because unforseen things happen. And the bottom line you were paying for a turbo kit for a pro which is what you would have got.

I'm personally glad silber stuck to a oiled turbo, just don't trust the comp setup in sled conditions. And sorry for you that you missed out on a great kit with a great support from both Justin and Boston.

S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota

Heard there working on a few trick new items.

Like new airbox, new mapping/ controller.

Upgradable water 2 air.

He also claims the price should be going down.

Talked to SILBER himself, and he said he is expanding his tech line, and is going to be offering alot more tech support on the phone and in the field. He is planning on meeting with customers in the mountains to showcase there upcoming products.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Blah Blah Blah. I can't believe your even trying to make this argument. It's like your trying to advocate horrible service, bad promises and complete changes and if the customer doesn't like it well then tough titty said the kitty. If that's what your all about then by all means have at it. If I truly missed out then apparently I'm not the only one. Read the posts, obviously there are a few more who feel the same way I do. As far as I'm concerned I missed out on $500.00 the rest is just B.S.

I did offer to see what I could do...You didn't respond with a PM, only more bashing:face-icon-small-con

Im sure there is another side to this story.........

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
wish i had a polaris...but anyway kudo;s to ya Boston Racing...your taking some flak and you try and deal with the issues..

i hope all the success to you and Silber...sure a few bumps in the road...thats the learning and growth curve..

C

csam17

May 25, 2011
I did offer to see what I could do...You didn't respond with a PM, only more bashing:face-icon-small-con

I did respond and asked what you were proposing? My cell phone is 801-971-6700 call me and we can discuss as I'd love to try and resolve this.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
Nice to see that i aint the only one that brings out the silber pom poms.
It wouldve been nice to have someone like boston around when i purchased my kit. I think ur a great at representing silbers kits.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta

Man I got a lot of respect for the folks out there Building, Developing and Installing turbos for the sled industry! Frick around the people you have to deal with. Some just do not have a clue and as stated early should not be messing around with boost.

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
I am a new to boost. I am reading where most of the problems are due to install errors. I had 2 issues with my kit this winter, guess what both my fault poor install issues. Could have been burn downs on 1. My fuel line rubbed through to the secondary injectors. I would not blame Silber but I would bet many would have. If you want pull and go without maint. then leave it stock and eventually it will run like crap. All of these machines need maint. Cant wait to here the details of the silber kit. I hope soon so I can make an informed decision to boost or not to boost my 13.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
I don't know about you .... but I can never ever ever go back to naturally aspirated again after have a sled on boost.!:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features