• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber 2013 Kits.....

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I just wanted to let you guys know that Justin is currently working out the details of the new kits. Justin hopes to have the kit finalized in the next month or so. I have received several calls and PM's and figured I would address the community.

I do know that you guys will continue to be amazed with the quality and value of Silber turbo Kits!

Once we have the info we will begin the snowcheck program:rockon:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
There will be some great new features and I would consider it a refinement of the already successful 2012 kits. The full details will be published as soon as the design is finalized.

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I remember this dance...

No dancing.....The snowcheck folks will get the best pricing and have the first kits on the snow. In return they understand that items out of Silbers control can cause timlines to slip. We are upfront with our customers and if somebody has a problem with waiting I would suggest they hold off until the snowchecks are delivered and we have replenished our stock. Then you are only 3 days away from the best turbo kit on the market and awesome tech support!

We are trying to shoulder the load for Justin and his crew this year so they can spend more time building kits and less time on the phone.

If anybody needs to get ahold of us PM me or call the shop at 719-578-7774. I will PM you my cell number if its after hours.

Last edited:
H
Dec 12, 2009
Considering the abortion that was the last snow check, I would think most if not everyone here would wait until the kits were actually ready.

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
people are still buying turbos for there sleds huh? :face-icon-small-ton

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Hyperduc I dont understand why you think the last snowcheck was an "abortion"? I got my snowcheck in late December, not sure where I was on the list but it fit my schedule pretty well. I wanted to ride my sled stock for a while anyway. Boston Racing has done a great job supporting the Silber turbos, wish he was closer to Washington.

H
Dec 12, 2009
I was near the top of the list and two months after I was told it would be delivered I still had not seen anything. Not to mention that the turbo promised changed at the very end of the line, so little testing went into that set up that he ended up with. The were more the just a "few" issues with the kit, and many people either bailed on their snowcheck or got theirs well into the season.

Going with a reputable company capable of delivering what they promised was well worth the non-snowcheck price I ended up paying.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I was near the top of the list and two months after I was told it would be delivered I still had not seen anything. Not to mention that the turbo promised changed at the very end of the line, so little testing went into that set up that he ended up with. The were more the just a "few" issues with the kit, and many people either bailed on their snowcheck or got theirs well into the season.

Going with a reputable company capable of delivering what they promised was well worth the non-snowcheck price I ended up paying.

I'm sorry you feel this way. You have your opinion and I respect that. I will also say that your statements are not in line with what our shop has experienced. Our kits run great and I am unaware of any major issues. There were a few and they were all taken care of. If not call me and I will figure it out for you. I can also say that we had our kits prior to the folks with BD kits in our area. There was some issue with the delay in shipping but us as a shop understand that things happen out of our control. There are alot of moving parts to putting out a turbo kit and I for one am glad that Justin has put the effort into making one works great and is afforable for most people.

I am looking forward to another great season working with Silber turbos. There are folks already on the waiting list not knowing exactly what is included,the exact price or when it will ship. That speaks volumes to the reputation Justin has. The service will be even better this year as we have teamed up with Justin to provide tech support and tuning suggestion for folks. Everybody who has asked has my cell number and its always on. Has a regular Joe ever tried to call the "reputable" company on the weekend or after hours? IMO I prefer dealing with the smaller guys.

Last edited:

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere

Soo when it was all said and done how did it run??I remember he was supposed to use a comp turbo and I heard at the last minute he changed ? didnt hear how that workrd out???

H
Dec 12, 2009
Soo when it was all said and done how did it run??I remember he was supposed to use a comp turbo and I heard at the last minute he changed ? didnt hear how that workrd out???

I got my deposit back when I found out he was switching turbos and going with a different turbo then planned, figured the last min. switch was going to end up being an undeveloped product.

Judging by the threads re: silber turbo issues, it looks as if that was the right choice.

C

csam17

May 25, 2011
Silber Abortion

That's funny you actually got your deposit back. Because I did not. I called to cancel mine because I was tired of waiting. I spoke with Justin directly and he refused to give me my money back. Now that is customer service. As far as I'm concerned Silber can kiss my ***.

H
Dec 12, 2009
That's funny you actually got your deposit back. Because I did not. I called to cancel mine because I was tired of waiting. I spoke with Justin directly and he refused to give me my money back. Now that is customer service. As far as I'm concerned Silber can kiss my ***.

I may have been the only one, but I got emails confirming the kit content (including the turbo brand and specifics). The change to the oiled turbo , created a legal out for ANYONE who put down a deposit. Really wasn't much of a discussion, turbo changed and I was no longer interested.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm confused...You are knocking a kit you never owned and that Justin refunded you after the details of the kit changed, Which was beyond his control ....:face-icon-small-dis

I have owned 2 and there are 5 in our little group.....They all ran fine. Most of the silber problems were attributed to install issues. We helped folks get through them. When people have a problem they call me, so I have a pretty good idea of the places the kit could be improved and will be for 2013. I have also taken care of every customer who has called wanting help :usa2:

There is no reason to Troll in Silber threads unless you just want to vent. If you do thats fine, please call me so SW members don't have to hear it.

csam17...pm me and I will try and see what I can do.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I love my 2012 kit 500+ trouble free miles so far. Bolt on and go! Wish I could afford another sled to put the new kit on.

BR I dont know why you put up with this Chit! and thats just what it is.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Agreed, super easy install for anyone with mechanical ability, runs spot on, easy to tune. No issues in 700 HARD miles at 8-12 psi. Most problems seem to arise from installer error/no attention to detail,poor fuel choice or lack of tuning ability. IMHO

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
If you snow check a sled and back out you don't get your money back, but you think turbo companies should return your money.....I understand he changed his turbo but he did that to make his kit BETTER....

Another thing to think about when it comes to the amount of issues that Silber had was how many kits he sold.......When you sell more product you are going to have more issues...especially when selling a kit that is way more affordable. This is going to cause people that wouldn't normally buy a turbo kit to get one. Turbo kits are not for everyone. IMO you need to have a very good back ground in High Performance before buying a kit. Every kit has it own problems....sh*t even the boondocker 9 trailer video shows a problem with BD's kit but no one is complaining about that.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Bottom line is some people just SHOULD NOT HAVE A TURBO. There is one turbo builder that will not sell to everyone because they don't want the headache with some guys. So a possible test of some sort to check some basic back round knowledge is what it sounds like he will do.. And I myself would do the same.

H
Dec 12, 2009
I'm confused...You are knocking a kit you never owned and that Justin refunded you after the details of the kit changed, Which was beyond his control ....:face-icon-small-dis

If you would read my first post and the ones that followed it, my comment was not directed at the quality of the kit, rather the half assed approach taken when building and selling the kits. Now I understand that it may not be industry practice, but nearly ever other product on the planet that is sold prior to delivery is sold with a clear list of expectations and deliverables all within a specific timeframe.

The kit was nearly two months late from the original date promised, and it was substantially different than promised. Some of this may have been outside of his control, but part of being a successful entrepreneur is the foresight and planning that can be used to prevent such issues. For example the foresight to procure the necessary parts to complete a kit prior to making promises to customers, "out of his control" is a lame excuse.

There is no reason to Troll in Silber threads unless you just want to vent. If you do thats fine, please call me so SW members don't have to hear it.

csam17...pm me and I will try and see what I can do.

Not trolling, nor venting. I'm simply trying to prevent someone else from wasting the time and money putting a deposit on a product that historically hasn't been delivered on time and is substantially different from what was promised.

And for what it's worth Justin wasn't happy about issuing a refund, even though it was his legal obligation.

Last edited:
Premium Features