• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STANDALONE ECU PLUG N PLAY DIRECT FACTORY REPLACEMENT 800CC POLARIS ENGINE

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
I understand that the ecu can do it. How complicated though is it to set up a secondary set? Don't you have them spray x amount at certain rpms? Coming off a Dobeck box, how would I know how much fuel they need and when to have them fire, etc. I downloaded the software, just quite a bit to take in when you don't have a ecu to plug in to see how things change, and what to look for when tuning.

Couple different ways to do it,based off load,duty cycle,certain boost pressure etc,there are lots of ways to set it up the way you want. Biggest thing is that split second that the auxillary injectors coming on there is a dead spot meaning most of the time it will be slightly lean just for a moment. I can honestly say that you will not need more than 8 to 9 psi boost when your sled runs the way its suppose to on single injectors.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Couple different ways to do it,based off load,duty cycle,certain boost pressure etc,there are lots of ways to set it up the way you want. Biggest thing is that split second that the auxillary injectors coming on there is a dead spot meaning most of the time it will be slightly lean just for a moment. I can honestly say that you will not need more than 8 to 9 psi boost when your sled runs the way its suppose to on single injectors.

While I can understand the sled running very well on 8-9 lbs of boost, I already have a system with the secondary injectors and don't want to take the system off.:face-icon-small-win

Sam

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Yea I think a lot of us will be running secondary injectors with our current setups. Hopefully a few people will jump in on these and get some setups working with the secondary injectors so those of us that don't understand how to take a base map and tweak it to add in secondary injectors having no idea the best way to activate them and know how much fuel for them to spray etc. would make it a lot easier.

$2000 is quite a bit if you have to start at square one and try and fully tune a system that is designed to run 6-8 psi on only stock injectors. Not knocking anything on the product I think it is an amazing piece of equipment after looking at the capabilities of its software, just a bit over my head. I could tune something that when looking at a graph I can see where it needs some more fuel, just not sure how to incorporate other injectors easily with minimal knowledge of tuning these systems.

Keep it up guys.

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
While I can understand the sled running very well on 8-9 lbs of boost, I already have a system with the secondary injectors and don't want to take the system off.:face-icon-small-win

Sam

why would you have to take them off? Just dont wire them up... I hope to be doing this exact thing here in a few days. The system has 4 right now and were gonna run just the 2 stock ones.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Me personally if this ecu is as good as it seems, I would think you could run a bit more boost like 12+ on AV with 0 det issues. I know 8-9 is enough but if i am already set up to run the secondary injectors why not utilize them for a little higher boost? I would think running secondary would be better than maxing duty cycle on stock ones, plus helps keeps the reeds a bit cooler on silber setups.

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
why would you have to take them off? Just dont wire them up... I hope to be doing this exact thing here in a few days. The system has 4 right now and were gonna run just the 2 stock ones.

I don't want to run with out them. The second set and the placement of them is a big part of the reason Silber Turbos don't take the reeds out, like others do. They help cool the charge temps.

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
You have to run Secondary Injectors if you want any hope and pray of breaking the 200 hp mark on a pro. The stock injectors will completely out of fuel around 180-190 horse. That is also at 58 psi and i believe the VIPEC requires you to turn your fuel pressure down to 43 or 42.

T

TURBOINC

Jan 22, 2012
In a hole
You have to run Secondary Injectors if you want any hope and pray of breaking the 200 hp mark on a pro. The stock injectors will completely out of fuel around 180-190 horse. That is also at 58 psi and i believe the VIPEC requires you to turn your fuel pressure down to 43 or 42.
OR YOU CAN REPLACE THE STOCK INJECTORS LIKE I DID WITH A BIGGER SET AND IT RUNS GREAT ALL THE WAY THROUGH UP TO 16LBS SO FAR

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Wired up a staged injection today on our pro to try it out on friday.
launch control on the brake lever.

we are going to do all setups. stock, staged, bigger. We have one sled running bigger already and working very well.

reeds do hold up when the charge is cooler so fuel will help. problem here is you have .0004 of a sec to fuel the bottom end and if you take away .0001 of those seconds you have a different tuning problem. lean one stroke rich the next. so placement, atomization and spray angle are critical. :face-icon-small-win

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
Yea you can do this if you are running a stand alone ECU where you can change the injector characteristics in the ECU. Otherwise if you just change the stock injectors out with larger ones and don't reprogram or run a standalone there will be issues. Just one example for you..."DEAD TIME".

http://hywell.org/plhelp/injdutycycle.html

OR YOU CAN REPLACE THE STOCK INJECTORS LIKE I DID WITH A BIGGER SET AND IT RUNS GREAT ALL THE WAY THROUGH UP TO 16LBS SO FAR

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
That is not correct , proven already

Oh...thats not correct...then prove me wrong....BD argued with me last year about the same sh*t and look what they did this year....added injectors & volume....huh...wonder where they got that idea from.....

I can tell you that on a Silber turbo kit you will run out of fuel with the stock injectors running 58 psi of fuel pressure at 3-4 pounds of boost at 4000 ft and the same with the Aerocharger setup. By turning the fuel pressure down to 42-43 psi the amount of boost that can be achieved on stock injectors is going to decrease. This will decrease the horsepower that engine can achieve by about 26 hp at 80% duty cycle. You can also double check all my findings with "MATH". I know the majority of people on snowest don't believe in math or physics for 2 strokes.

The actually PSI of the system doesn't really mean anything. Someone might have a kit that runs 8 psi on stock injectors but if the turbo kit isn't efficient then they will be able to run more boost then someone else with an efficient kit....but the horsepower will still be the same.

You guys are basically saying that if you have 350 main jet out of a carburetor that your "standalone" will be able to make that main jet flow like a 500. That is impossible.

I not trying to bash anyone....a standalone is a great way to go if you have the money and time. If you know how to set it up it can work amazing. I just want everyone to know the truth before spending 2000.00 on a replacement ECU.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
I totally agree this product might not be the product for everyone. I also dont want to sell it unless you want the best performance out of a sled you can get. I also dont want to sell it to a guy that does not want to learn. That is why all the factories still sell stock sleds because not everyone is looking for high performance.

I can promise you that if you buy one of these ecu's. You want the best performance out of your sled and have not found the answer here it is. Is it the holy grail? No, but for my turbo guys and our shop it is quite close.

We can fly or drive to your place of riding and set up your sled for you right there if needed.

You can email back your data loggs to us and we can go through them for you helping you with all your tuning needs. No more of the phone calls or posts like this. ( Well... ummm... My sled was acting funny today and I think it was....... that some one turned my track around backwards and i couldn't get any fuel to go into the motor!) LOL. I know this is not real but that is the kinda calls we get. and how o you help a customer with a plroblem like that. it could be anything. Now all we have to say is email over your data logs and we will go through them for you.

We can change everything not just fuel. EVERYTHING!!! Tweek it to your sled, riding abilities, and setup.

:face-icon-small-ton

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
That's quite the offer you are putting out there. Are you willing to do this on any turbo kit for the pro? This ecu seems like a great product, my main hold back is I'm more of a visual learner than over the phone.

I think the pro is a great sled I plan to keep a long time, I'm over the 4 stroke Turbos and while my silber kit runs great I think standalone is better than a piggyback setup. I am wondering what your thoughts on how much work and tuning it may take to tune in a silber kit based on what you are doing with your setups. If you prefer to PM your thoughts that's fine too. And what would a guy be looking at pricewise to have this system setup by you, either through data logs or a meet and tune.

Thanks. I know my cousin Matt bought an xp turbo kit and has said you have been great in answering questions, etc.

Jeff

C

CANDYMAN

Apr 23, 2008
Rimbey,AB
Wired up a staged injection today on our pro to try it out on friday.
launch control on the brake lever.

we are going to do all setups. stock, staged, bigger. We have one sled running bigger already and working very well.

reeds do hold up when the charge is cooler so fuel will help. problem here is you have .0004 of a sec to fuel the bottom end and if you take away .0001 of those seconds you have a different tuning problem. lean one stroke rich the next. so placement, atomization and spray angle are critical. :face-icon-small-win

What if you could make the stock ecu read boost and add fuel to the stock injectors when boost comes on? This would speed up fuel to the top end and clean up the bottom end when boost hits.

C

Cody Phillips Racing

Feb 7, 2012
South Weber, UT
Test ride at 8psi and 2k cc injectors......why run staged injection again? :face-icon-small-dis

Unless you've already got it on there I guess.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFwK-f00dlQ

Using the ECU with a 3.5 bar map sensor, 2k cc injectors (2 injectors), closed loop boost control, closed loop lambda, fuel resistor plug to change maps, 4D fuel map, 5D ignition map.....

Last edited:
Premium Features