• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STANDALONE ECU PLUG N PLAY DIRECT FACTORY REPLACEMENT 800CC POLARIS ENGINE

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
looks alot like efi live (tunning system for gm vehichles) kinda hard to use/ complicated and takes lots of time to tune properly.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
base mapping ,naturaly aspirated will be included with the ECU. this ECU can accomodate beginners and professionals, but we recommend to have your modifications tuned by someone you trust with tuning knowledge. several power packages will follow shortly(head,pipes,intake ect.)and all of the packages will be tuned already, so no need to tune again since ECU is Like OEM(but faster!) and does any compensation requiered for different altitude, barometric changes ect.....just like OEM does.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
So is this going to void my warranty? Just kidding :face-icon-small-ton

Is there some sort of way for newbs to "modify" their settings w/o being very knowledgeable in what is happening? Will you have some sort of "map" or something that will be used for various conditions (altitude, mods, etc)?

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
So is this going to void my warranty? Just kidding :face-icon-small-ton

Is there some sort of way for newbs to "modify" their settings w/o being very knowledgeable in what is happening? Will you have some sort of "map" or something that will be used for various conditions (altitude, mods, etc)?

let's put it this way: do you need to adjust mapping when you drive your stock rmk with stock ecu in different conditions(altitude,temp.chutes ect...) ? same thing with this ECU, it will compensate by itself for any changes in temp,weather,altitude ect. if you change the oem setup then you will need to tune but if stock, no need to tune.once the ECU dialed in (tuned) you will never have to touch it again unless you make some hardware changes i.e.: pipes,head,turbo/supercharger ect.
we will support dealers/tuning shops very effectively , also producing maps for diffrerent kit out here you can download on our website.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
efi

So can I just unplug my ecu and piggy back conrtoler off my turbo pro 800 and plug this in and ride with out ever have to tune any thing??? How much is this magical box going to cost ??? Gotta say it sure would be cool to just ride @ 12 boost all day and not have look at the gauges or have any worry's.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
So can I just unplug my ecu and piggy back conrtoler off my turbo pro 800 and plug this in and ride with out ever have to tune any thing???
first need to tune to your turbo setup but once dialed in , nothing to do.
How much is this magical box going to cost ???
no magical box,ecu factory direct replacement
Gotta say it sure would be cool to just ride @ 12 boost all day and not have look at the gauges or have any worry's.
if properly tune by your turbo manufacturer or some good tuner, way less worries and the ecu will check sensors for you!!

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007

Thanks for the reply . Sounds very interesting indeed . For me the decision would be the price point. My t800 pro already runs very consistent with a piggy back set up. I sure would like to see and try one out with your ECU replacement. If anyone in the Kootenays of B.C. gets one let me know . :face-icon-small-hap

D

Dmill

Sep 14, 2009
great falls / snow slip inn
any turbo kit manufacturers biting on this... seems like it would be dead without the support of the mfg... unless you know some good tuners who are going to let their tune out for free (ya right). . awesome idea but is it going to work for the regular joe schmoe..

i think to sell the product, you would have to have a data base full of tunes for different modifications, altitudes, and setups..

otherwise... this is the next level of turbo snowmobiles.. as far as im concerned this is the only way to make a turbo sled pull and go

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
You promo vid look very professional, I am sure your product works well but the tuning on it will be involving. It will be cool to get some positive feedback on snowwest from the end user

What altitudes and load conditions have you tested your ecu at, Lots of the turbos kits out there end up on the side of a mountain 2500 to 11000 feet. Load conditions in the mountains can change from driving on rock hard snow to being buried in wet heavy mess. Have you done much testing out west?

What is you affiliation with supraturbo, he has gotten himself into a few arguments on this forum and because of that left me with a bad impression of his ecu, the guy comes off as kind of a jerk sometimes lol.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
any turbo kit manufacturers biting on this... seems like it would be dead without the support of the mfg... unless you know some good tuners who are going to let their tune out for free (ya right). . awesome idea but is it going to work for the regular joe schmoe..

i think to sell the product, you would have to have a data base full of tunes for different modifications, altitudes, and setups..

otherwise... this is the next level of turbo snowmobiles.. as far as im concerned this is the only way to make a turbo sled pull and go

Lots of turbo kits out there that are pull and go but you do need a understanding of how it works

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
any turbo kit manufacturers biting on this... seems like it would be dead without the support of the mfg.
for the dealers jumping in this venture, we will support them very effectively and lots of online,phone support... unless you know some good tuners who are going to let their tune out for free (ya right)
we are not locking any maps we build for our customers, the only locked mapping are the racing team we support.
awesome idea but is it going to work for the regular joe schmoe..
we jumped in this business for M.joe schmoe.....

that is exactly what is going to happen!

it all depends on what is for you a pull and go sled....lots of guy says their sled are pull and go but every 2 minutes they are playing with the + and - buttons of the fuel controller but they are making it back to trailer fine after the day and they say they have a pull and go sled???the definition of a pull and go sled is very different. Our ECU will not cure every polaris' problems but it is a very solid base for a true pull and go setup....to me, there is not other solution for a turbo snowmobile, you need to add safeties and bigger injectors and control them also TIMING need to be adjust it is a MUST for engine longevity.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
You promo vid look very professional,
thanks.
I am sure your product works well but the tuning on it will be involving.
any good tuner can tune properly a turbo sled in a week and once for all.same set-up sled can just be uploaded with the mapping.
It will be cool to get some positive feedback on snowwest from the end user
I agree with you.....but not before mid november for sure!

What altitudes and load conditions have you tested your ecu at, Lots of the turbos kits out there end up on the side of a mountain 2500 to 11000 feet.
standalone are just starting in the snowmobile industry, therefore not much attention by professional tuners.it is about to change.Why oem are working fine? we will go out west fine tuning for elevation when snow arrives.
Load conditions in the mountains can change from driving on rock hard snow to being buried in wet heavy mess. Have you done much testing out west?
rpm and engine load are the first inputs used in developping a 3d-6d mapping, so it won't be a problem at all for the load of the engine.Altitude compensation charts will need fine tuning but nothing extensive. it need to be done by someone who knows is stuff( there is not too many of them that's the problem!).

What is you affiliation with supraturbo,
he is the one responding to you as of now.
he has gotten himself into a few arguments on this forum and because of that left me with a bad impression of his ecu, the guy comes off as kind of a jerk sometimes lol.
Well, i get a bit cranky when i read load of bull$hit and false advertising, sometime for marketing purposes i can understand someone pushing a bit his luck, but when it is so obvious they are not informing people but sand bagging them, then i become a bit frustrated but always polite and never i will go racist about someone if you know what i mean

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
our distributors are now on the snow with the ecu running!!!

Hi guys, the ECU is now on the snow up and runing!!!!! our distributors started to put final touches on the tune and the ECU will be released publicaly in couple weeks......only 100 ecu for sale this year.
turbo testing with turbo manufacturer is starting next week! 2012-2011 any sled models is direct 1to1 replacement with no wire cutting.

check us on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...437l0l26765l26l25l4l9l2l0l219l1518l4.7.1l12l0

thanks

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
although a very good idea, you really need dyno time to get your curve correct. I've used probably 5 different stand alone efi's on race motors in my 25 years of owning a shop and one thing I learned is you better have a good dyno and a few days (at least) booked for dialing in. 99% of people will be totally lost trying to set up a good curve. Add the turbo and its a whole nother dimention.
What is needed is a good program for turbo sled running lets say 8 -10 psi that is a mass air system basicly tuning itself for altitude and boost changes (ie bosch/motec porsche race system) yeah I know the problem it costs more than the sled.......:face-icon-small-sad but it is pretty flawless.....:face-icon-small-coo

Not bashing ya for a good product but lets face it, guys don't want to tune at all, they want to plug stuff in and go ride with the sled acting just like a factory tune...zero issues....The product should not even have any buttons/lights ect that the buyer can mess with at all...cause your just asking for problems. Lets face it most riders can't even set a carb up perfect with main jet,needle and bleeds and that really really easy to do compared to programming your own fuel map.
Can't tell ya how many time i've seen guys messing with the atitude box on there sled, I ask what do your plugs look like? whats your egts? air fuel? and they give me a blank stare yet there messing with the fuel flow....

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
although a very good idea, you really need dyno time to get your curve correct.
been done for a long time my friend!!
I've used probably 5 different stand alone efi's on race motors in my 25 years of owning a shop and one thing I learned is you better have a good dyno and a few days (at least) booked for dialing in.
don't worry for us, we are a professional engine calibration with eddie current engine dyno, md500 eddie current mustang 4wd chassis dyno, pico oscilloscope, ati ignition timing module(nice!!!) and about everything you can imagine related to e.f.i. , also 12 years of rallye car mods, full race drag car, sleds ect...
99% of people will be totally lost trying to set up a good curve.
the ecu is base mapped (stock) and already have powermapping(stock) and turbo tuning starts in one week....we just got 12 inch of snow today!
Add the turbo and its a whole nother dimention.
easy to tune, nothing special....it is a small 800cc 2 cylinder....command guys!
What is needed is a good program for turbo sled running lets say 8 -10 psi that is a mass air system
well, we are not totaly on the same page here.....mass air system?? it will be manifiold absolte pressure(MAP and not MAF)based.
basicly tuning itself for altitude and boost changes (ie bosch/motec porsche race system)
it is already doing all that !!!!
yeah I know the problem it costs more than the sled.......:face-icon-small-sad
not true at all......! 1995$ retail
but it is pretty flawless.....:face-icon-small-coo
we agree on that , once tuned it is done for good....just like oem!

Not bashing ya for a good product but lets face it, guys don't want to tune at all, they want to plug stuff in and go ride with the sled acting just like a factory tune...zero issues....
that is EXACTLY what we are offering.
The product should not even have any buttons/lights ect that the buyer can mess with at all...cause your just asking for problems
again exactly what it is.....i guess it has been made for you!!!
Lets face it most riders can't even set a carb up perfect with main jet,needle and bleeds and that really really easy to do compared to programming your own fuel map.
well those are your thoughts, not mine.
Can't tell ya how many time i've seen guys messing with the atitude box on there sled,
those 25$ fuel box are what they are.....
I ask what do your plugs look like? whats your egts? air fuel? and they give me a blank stare yet there messing with the fuel flow....
aren't you the guy asking for no buttons,gauges,lights on your sled ?:face-icon-small-win
just jokeing.... with the fuel boxes like dobeck and boondocker, everybody think they are professional engine tuner and let face it, it is not the case, that is why we are proposing a completely lockable and programmable ecu that once mapped it is a no mess system.

thanks

Premium Features