• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

670 reverse info

westsledin

Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2008
Can someone help out a non-S rider helping a buddy S rider with info on the reverse setup.

I haven't looked/measured the ctr-ctr on the chain case.

But, with the mechanical reverse, the chain case is different. Are there chain cases from different model/years that will work? Part #'s? Are there gotcha's with the change-over we would need to watch out for?

If anyone has a reverse setup, pm me.

Thanks,

Rich

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I beleive an older F Chassis chaincase and internals will work in an S Chassis chaincase I was trying to purchase one and the guy I was getting if from gy who had did many swaps before , some older cases had non hydraulic brakes but the internal gears and outer chaincase cover was interchangeable.
I also thought a reverse cases all had 44tooth bottom gears. and you the top gear was the same as a non reverse case. that`s about what i know on them.

I thought the F and S Chassis shared the same chaincase. the newer ZX chassis chaincase is longer.

Good Luck , Wildcard28

Z
Jan 19, 2008
Wrangell, AK
Installed a reverse kit last year on my "mutt" 670 s-chassis. Piece of cake. You can leave the main case in the chassis, and re-use it. The only thing you have to do to it is add the metal wear-block from the reverse-kit chaincase for the chain to ride against. Simple as pulling two "plug" bolts out, and installing the block with the correct length bolts. After that, just assemble it using the reverse-kit outer cover along with all of the required parts. The whole reverse system at first glance seems complicated, but it is actually VERY simple. You should get an exploded diagram of the gear case to study while you have all the parts laying on the bench, so you can familiarize yourself with placement of the parts and how they work together. I believe that the F's and S's use the same case. I even used my 19 top gear and chain from my old set-up. I think the hardest part of the whole swap was trying to get the linkage to clear my twin-pipe stingers.

I have wanted to put reverse on this sled for years, and finally found a smokin' deal on a reverse kit at puyallup last year. THAT seems to be the trick....finding a deal on a complete reverse kit. Good luck!

Z
Jan 19, 2008
Wrangell, AK
You are only limited by the bottom gear. It is not inter-changable, being part of the reverse mechanism. However, you are free to use any top gear you wish. Don't recall what the tooth count on the bottom gear is, but like stated above, I also believe that it is a 44, and is for the 13-wide chain. That being said, you can still use your 22 tooth upper gear, and your 13-wide chain, keeping your current gear ratio. Told you, piece of cake!

westsledin

Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2008
Guys,

Thanks for the help.

Now I need to collect the parts....

Thanks,

Rich

Premium Features