• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conditions Grand Mesa, Thunder Mountain Lodge

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Thanks for the reply, was hoping the good snow typically lasts into April, looking to get a trip lined up. Grand Mesa Lodge or Thunder Mountain easier or better to stay at...if we can get reservations?

Personal preference. I know guys that swear by either. I had a negative experience with the guys at the Alexander lake lodge one year. I have met and ridden with Jeff from Thunder Mtn, that is where I would stay, Jeff is a great guy and more than willing to show you where to find the good riding.

S

Spike38

Dec 11, 2007
Indian Hills
Grand Mesa

Just returned. Saturday was EPIC RIDING. Tons of Snow. Always stay at Grand Mesa Lodge a great place

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Thanks for the reply, was hoping the good snow typically lasts into April, looking to get a trip lined up. Grand Mesa Lodge or Thunder Mountain easier or better to stay at...if we can get reservations?

I like Thunder mountain as well. Jeff knows the area like the back of his hand and is easy to get ahold of. He is also the fella who started this thread so just PM him for availability or give him a ring.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011

How are the conditions? Thinking about coming up tomorrow. Were in CO for the week. Rode FlatTops today outta Glenwood Springs. Mostly setup mashed potatoes. Looking for powder !

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

K
Jan 28, 2011
Thunder Mountain Lodge
86" in March

Yes, 86" so far this month and expecting another 1-3' in the next 2 days. About a 10 foot base, plus our first extended period of sunshine starts on Friday...Deep and cold Thursday/Friday...Best snow I have ever seen up here.

Premium Features