• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cottonwood Pass 12/15/18

J
Dec 6, 2018
Needs snow.

i-Nd7rsB9.jpg

Last edited:

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Once you guys get the hang of those machines come on back and I will show you some of the good stuff. lol

It was nice to meet you guys though and show you around a little. I was on the Green Cat. Maybe we will see you up there some more this winter.

Last edited:
J
Dec 6, 2018
Once you guys get the hang of those machines come on back and I will show you some of the good stuff. lol

It was nice to meet you guys though and show you around a little. I was on the Green Cat. Maybe we will see you up there some more this winter.

I thought everyone knew about Cottonwood :face-icon-small-win

Good to meet you too! Definitely would like to link up and hit more of the good stuff once I get a little more time in the saddle.

Last edited:

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Getting a little obvious that we might be hiding something....

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
Went entire last season without a Cottonwood ride, which is our primary CO ride location. First year in 25 they didn't have enough good riding snow. Got excited early this season as St Elmo to Tin Cup was groomed, but now after checking Cottonwood parking area a week ago. Prolly be disappointing area til end of Jan or longer if storms keep going around it.

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
Just left CO yesterday. Better than all of last season, but Cottonwood still not ready for serious rides. Come on snow....This sucks....January and still no riding this season...

M
Sep 4, 2016
I was up near taylor park a few days ago splitboarding. The snow was good, not as deep as other parts of our area. (crested butte area) We just got a good storm (20in+), lots of wind. High avy danger, but i bet it will setup in the next few days with the warm temps. https://streamable.com/nvj4s this was yesterday, west of crested butte.

Last edited:

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
Any 2020 updates? I know it started off looking like best season in two decades, but since new year not much new with zero storms. The CSA snow report says good base but it always seems exaggerated. I know yall riding, but is it worth the trip or wind blow and beat up..

Tog 2020.JPG

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
SNOTEL says 28'' past 48 hours. Is it good yet or is it like usual BS? Been saying 70 inch base but that's been bs. Now anything close to28'' should make it a great trip. Any input be appreciated.

J
Dec 6, 2018
We rode Hancock on Sunday and it wasn't great. CSA website said 100" base with 30"s of fresh at St Elmo on 2/10, but that was a load of BS! I'm not sure where they get their info but that isn't even close. Found a site that seems to be a little more accurate at 36" base. It's just tracked and packed mostly and wind driven out of the trees.

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
Just cancelled our Snowy Range New Years trip. Im sure CO dont have much snow yet either but I know some of yall got ur sleds out at least trail testing. Any Cottonwood updates. Buddy riding Island Park this week. Said not worth the trip there yet either. Let it snow....Lets Get Rippin

Premium Features