• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt drive choices

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Belt drive issues

I kinda thought the same thing. Until I took the side panel and belt drive cover off watched it work on the flats and on the hills. Wasn't rubbin on inside or outside? Bearings where all tight and the snowmobile never once blew and or granaded a CVT belt. I always changed them out usually every 200-400 miles and sold them to people for 25$. I used to be very picky with my belts. Everything was working great for 900 miles or so. The things just don't have the reliability of a good old chain slathered in 90weight no one can argue the. If money is no option and you want the lightest coolest looking sled in the parking lot go for it. Me and a lot of the riders are really getting over the aftermarket sponsor world. You wrench more then you ride lose reliability & coast a lot of money. There a very few aftermarket things I would do to my snowmobiles anymore. I really have to believe in the product to tell my friends to go spend there money on it. All that being said if you have the money and you want it try it. Even when I say "babying" my sled I still was climbing WOT and jumping just had to be mindful in spring snow or wet heavy snow. I was still riding aggressive just had to watch gettin on the trottle to early. Kinda like if I ride a 165" with a stock rear skid it will be bent in 1-3 rides. But there a no brace kits or bomber rails for a belt drive.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
What are these belt drive companies doing about the shot system? I think it mounts to the case maybe I’m wrong?

Specialty Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2017
C3 sold sycrodrive to Specialty Motorsports in Spruce Grove AB,

I believe the Skidoo Gen 4 kit is 895.00 CDN

Yes we did purchase the belt drive, post forward kits and the ability to begin producing carbon fibre parts in the future from C3.

We’ve heard of these failures before and time and time again it comes down to belt tension and belt storage. When we install at the shop we rarely if ever have failures. The problem was always in offsite installs. We now have a tensioner tab to assist with proper tension. We are also working on downloadable videos per model which you could watch from your phone while installing.

Our kit was originally developed by C3 who we worked with for a few years. His interests got tied up with Yeti and Camso so when his time couldn’t be focused on the drives he approached us. We feel we are improving our belt drive system everyday.

We love the sport and our shops lone purpose is to advance the performance of your sled. Our US affiliate BDX has our belt drives on 700 hp grass drag sleds. We run them on all of our shop owned sleds and a truckload of customers sleds. The same kit we would sell you. Feel free to shoot questions at us here,call the shop or check out our site.

Apologies for not being on this site for so long.

www.specialtymotorsports.ca

T

Toothguy

May 10, 2012
What are these belt drive companies doing about the shot system? I think it mounts to the case maybe I’m wrong?

TKI is currently fabricating a bracket for those of us with "SHOT". My biggest issue is that to replace the belt you have to remove the bottom COG. The clearance isn't there to get the belt between the COG and running board. At Hay Days we were lead to believe otherwise...... At this instant I'm not sure I wanna install it...

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
TKI is currently fabricating a bracket for those of us with "SHOT". My biggest issue is that to replace the belt you have to remove the bottom COG. The clearance isn't there to get the belt between the COG and running board. At Hay Days we were lead to believe otherwise...... At this instant I'm not sure I wanna install it...

The bottom cog comes off really easy on the TKI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Yes fred, i trimmed my 17G4 running board enough so that I could slide a belt on without removing the bottom gear. Because at the time you had to heat the gear to get it on the drive shaft, and had to heat it for removal as well. Not sure if this still applies to say a 21.

S
Mar 8, 2011
Here's what I did, after installing the TKI...

62381140743__A58F9F6D-32E8-4431-9F1B-5DA93003B0B9.JPG 62381142376__C7B50AA5-E063-418E-ABD6-8250F21943D8.JPG IMG_4855.jpg

Premium Features