• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top Ten Ski-Doo Accessories

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Riser Block

I'm 6' 3" with a 36 inch inseam. Is there any guidelines or recommendations for selecting proper riser block height? Maybe something similar to the method of ski pole length selection?

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I'm 6' 3" with a 36 inch inseam. Is there any guidelines or recommendations for selecting proper riser block height? Maybe something similar to the method of ski pole length selection?

Your overall heoght (6'3") has nothing to do with riser height... it's from your hands to the floor.

Ace

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
A linq mounted shovel that can be used on top of the stackable gas can would be a top 3 seller for sure.....cmon doo:face-icon-small-hap

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Can someone explain WHY someone would want a removable snow flap? I can get that its a PITA to remember to fold it up when unloading from the deck, but I don't see the draw... please enlighten me!

Ace

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com

Yes stand on the sled with your riding boots, your arms should be a relaxed straight with a slight bend in them, this ensures that when you want to tip the sled you are using your bigger muscles of your back and shoulders over using your forearms which takes a lot more strength!. The stock bars should work well for you or one inch higher....hitting up a local dealer to try is the best way!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UqdujkhHZIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Can someone explain WHY someone would want a removable snow flap? I can get that its a PITA to remember to fold it up when unloading from the deck, but I don't see the draw... please enlighten me!

Ace

I kind of agreed with you until I tried it, have used it for 2 seasons now. When off-loading the sled backwards off a deck or trailer it is a huge difference, when backing up if you ever have to in the backcountry, works awesome and last season we tried while sled skiing with it on and with it off, huge difference in the evacuation of snow out the back, this makes the sled pick up more track speed and get up and go. Many people think sled skiing does not do much for sledding but most sledders don't ride up steep hills in the deep pow with 2 or three people on a machine and that weight makes a difference. It is not a gimmick, it really does work. I basically now take my snowflap off all the time once up the trail. It is super fast and easy which is important, so it is easy to do. cheers dave

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
love the idea of the gas can by why the 9.5 gal tank. get it for the sales =less part and know the 850 does well on fuel but why not have a 10+ gal tank as the rest? you don't have to fill it up if you are on short trips but 3 gal on the back is a PITa
couldn't use the last 1.5 on the other tanks anyway.:face-icon-small-blu

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Thanks!

Yes stand on the sled with your riding boots, your arms should be a relaxed straight with a slight bend in them, this ensures that when you want to tip the sled you are using your bigger muscles of your back and shoulders over using your forearms which takes a lot more strength!. The stock bars should work well for you or one inch higher....hitting up a local dealer to try is the best way!

Great video, appreciate the info!!

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I kind of agreed with you until I tried it, have used it for 2 seasons now. When off-loading the sled backwards off a deck or trailer it is a huge difference, when backing up if you ever have to in the backcountry, works awesome and last season we tried while sled skiing with it on and with it off, huge difference in the evacuation of snow out the back, this makes the sled pick up more track speed and get up and go. Many people think sled skiing does not do much for sledding but most sledders don't ride up steep hills in the deep pow with 2 or three people on a machine and that weight makes a difference. It is not a gimmick, it really does work. I basically now take my snowflap off all the time once up the trail. It is super fast and easy which is important, so it is easy to do. cheers dave

...saw one installed at the dealer yesterday...I stand corrected; that's pretty sweet! I also loved the flexable handguards! I never have been a fan of handguards; being inflexible made for some ALMOST bad maneuvers while sidehilling. These look awesome!

Ace

Premium Features