• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BURANDTS 355 LB 165", NON-TURBO, AXYS-RMK.... (Video)

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
If a turbo cost about 4K, how much weight loss do you get for the same dollar amount? And witch parts do you buy for the best results?
If you spent 2k to lose weight how many pounds would you shed, and could you feel the difference when riding?

Looking to do this in stages, first season 2k second season 2k.
4k wont get ya very far... after a can on these sleds your a gonna need to spend big money on titanium and carbon fiber. Not worth sacrificing durability and making repairs stupid expensive.

pauly815

Premium Member
Oct 9, 2011
park city ut
I tip the scale at 160 run and work out, cant get any leaner. What I’m getting at is the list of parts and there cost, the ones in production not the one off parts, Will 2k worth of bolt on parts feel any different?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I tip the scale at 160 run and work out, cant get any leaner. What I’m getting at is the list of parts and there cost, the ones in production not the one off parts, Will 2k worth of bolt on parts feel any different?

The first 2k will be much more notable than the second.......

Diamond s can $600 20 ish pounds

Alternative impact titanium rear suspension arms $1400 8-9 pounds.

Probably the two most effective weight loss items.

Yes you will feel a difference. (Especially being a light guy)

Neither of those compromise durability (nor increase it)

You still have the clutch side footwell tunnel buckling liability
A arms are a liability (to bend easily)
Spindles have a hit and miss reputation for snapping off.

Second 2k

Ti springs (rcs) and re valve (carls cycle center) $2000

Any other super light products will have a short lifespan.
(Or not drop much weight for the $$$)

None of these things will satisfy the first season itch for accessories.
Bags, wrap, Powdercoating, bumpers, throttle block (must have) tether, better ski rubbers.

Then think about adding performance. $$$$
Clutching, pipe? Lighter rotating parts.........

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

I really dont think you will feel a difference other than a can lightening up that side of the sled, that said every pound does matter, and WILL make a difference. I think if I had 2k and wanted to drop some weight I would do a diamond S can ($580ish, 17lbs loss maybe?) headlight delete ($60ish, 3lbs) some float 3s ($1500ish, 5lbs maybe?) skinz frameless seat($450, 2ish lbs) alt impact titanium a arms ($900, 2.5 lbs). Remove all foam, trim the seat down, and sell your stock shocks and a arms and you will probably be in it $2000-$2500 and have lost 30lbs or so without sacrificing reliability.

Next 2k could be used on carbon rails, wheels, and titanium rear arms. Doing a lot of guessing here, but I bet it would be good for 10lbs and done for 2k by the time you sell your stock parts.

40lbs for 4k? After doing the math you can drop more weight for alot less than I expected, and I bet that much will be noticeable. If anyone can fix any numbers above feel free- like I said alot of guessing but they all should be ballpark. Good luck, lighten that baby up and report back!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
After a point you are wasting your money. Talent will get you farther than all of this weight loss. Eventually you have to learn to ride. I am not trashing on anyone. I've done all of the things everyone is talking about . Really hard on the pocket book and retirement. Then you just give it away when you sell it. I'm in for suspension stuff or a can so I can get more room for a muff pot. I'm in for boost. I'm over hoods or no headlights. The hoods don't weigh that much. It is everything bolted to them, that you need, that weighs the most. Spend some money on clutching, suspension, power, or even riding lessons. That will do 10 times more than taking 20 pounds off your sled.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Jenny Craig was great, but if Burant finds a way to starve his new build down any leaner, it's going to whither away and die.

He'll have to name it Karen Carpenter.

Premium Features