• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Silber Turbo Bog

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Stock reeds or v force? I m having same issue lighting up clutch weight help but I don't think its the issue mine ran good for 100 miles. Less boost also helps. I'm tempted run fuel controler

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I have the bog and stutter under heavy load as well. One thing that makes it even worse id check is the bushings in the weights. I wore out another set with only 300 mile this time. When worn the weights make a huge difference in bachshift cause they jam into the clutch and creat even more load. Pull the primary clutch cover and check for side to side movement at the tip of the weights. Also look for rub marks on the side of the weights and in the clutch. I have the team rooster adjustable weights and I've been replacing the bushings with team bushing next time I think I'll try the cpc bushings.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Those adjustable weights are garbage run a full weight and bushings will last longer. I have left silbur several messages not one call back poor excuse of a business.

scubba steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Iowa
corey aka Boston racing is the only thing that keeping him going I think. I feel bad for him taking all of justins calls. That's why I bought my last kit from him. He's a great guy an almost always answers his phone or if not calls ya right back. Kudos to corey

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I appreciate by the kind words but you guys have to remember, I am here to help Silber Turbos. Any help you get from me is the same as Justin providing it himself. Customer service is extremely important to him and with everything going on from day to day its easy to get behind on returning calls.

If anybody has a problem PM me and ill give you my cell number.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
well said and actually i've have had good luck catching Justin on the phone
but i'd much rather talk to Corey :face-icon-small-hap

Justin is a good guy but he's not very good on the phone
probably he gets a million calls a day and is burned out
i've thought for years he should hire and or use his network
of other folks that wanna shoot the sh!t with the fans or possible customers

thats just part of the deal

he's always treated me fair and been fast to ship parts
and fix problems no complaints here

C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
Has anyone had any updates on this topic? Our 2015 is still having this issue, makes the sled extremely difficult to ride through the deep in the trees, sidehills, any instance where the engine is under load with variations in throttle. Also the warm-start bog that has been mentioned, due to Silber not unlocking/changing the warm-start idle mapping with the bigger injectors.

Brand New fuel filter
Reeds are good
Exhaust Valves Cleaned, checked vac lines going to EV's
Checked compression
250 miles on sled
Silber's clutching w/ 72g weights
Fuel: 75% 91 Octane, 25% VP C12 Race Fuel
10,000+ elevation
Have tried both the 7lb and 5lb wastegate springs, no difference with the stuttering
Everything stock other than the Silber kit.

It sounds to me that the clutching changes mentioned are simply taking tons of load off the motor in order to "fix" the problem but it seems to be more of a band-aid fix to me, not actually fixing the root of the problem.

Some have mentioned using MTNTK's mapping and seem to have success, so looking into this if anyone has input there as well.

The sled shouldn't be in the garage collecting dust due to its poor rideability, from a kit that is advertised to work at elevation, at different boost levels, with no tuning...

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Swamp out voltage regulator I did this and seems to have fixed the issues I was having but I've only ran it 50 miles since. The fancy digital wrench said my regulator was ok I beg to differ.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
If that's the case then you guys may want to try one of 2 things: either remove your Thermostat or run the Skidoo T-stat.

Sounds like what may be happening is the extreme hot to cold shock on the coolant temp sensor from the stock cooling system is triggering a temp swing that is too much for the ECM to handle and throws the mapping out of whack. These Polaris ECM's are really dumb guys. I know Bully Dog cracked them but they do not have the ability to change back to normal altitudes and temps like they really should. Once they go over 127'f, and once in the mid 140's F, timing gets F'd up.

And when these sleds go from 2,999 feet to 3,000 feet Baro sensor reading, a shut down of the motor is required for the T-map to go to a higher elevation table. I'm not sure when it happens again above that range but from my sources, these ECM's have 3 seperate Baro tables in the ECM.

I do not run a t stat in mine. I believe member Snowdawg posted pics of the skidoo Tstat in a thread here with pics installed on a Silber system here in the turbo section a few months ago.

If you don't run a stat, you'll just need to be cautious of watching your coolant temps much closer. I watch them religiously before ANY type of takeoffs or throttle movement.

Dave . Do you think these issues could be because there isn't enough heat in the pipe?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Dave . Do you think these issues could be because there isn't enough heat in the pipe?

It's definitely possible Randy...My wife's stock '12 will bog from a cold pipe.

However, most of these issues (believe it or not) have been found to be clutch issues IE bushings in the weights and binding cover bushings.

Member Roni87 I believe reported recently that adding fuel with a bonndocker box was the ticket for his runnability issues.

Premium Features