• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat rear skid

M
Jan 14, 2004
WILL A 162 CAT SKID IN A APEX WITH A DROP AND ROLL ALLOW YOU TO RUN A 174??:rolleyes:

No a drop and roll has no affect on track length it just moves the drivers back but you still need the right length skid. You would need a combination of a setback and rail extensions or just rail extensions and or big wheels 9"+. Doing a setback with a drop and roll makes for a really heavy front end IMO (been ther done that) not a good option unless all you do point and shoot straight up.

M5

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
I am going to be mounting a Cat skid this weekend. What is the center to center measurement supposed to be from the front to rear mounting on the Cat skid so I can make sure thats right.

Also,One other question I had, I see on the Cats that they have this pivot drop down bracket that is mounted(clamped) to the rear mount arm.It angles forward and up. But when I look at all the Yammie's with this skid in them none of them are using that. Is that ok? It's not needed? Is that rear shaft alrady tapped for molunting or do I have to tap it out? I'm not to familiar with the cat's so that's why I'm asking. Whats the point of the pivoting drop down bracket?

For the front mounting holes- So it looks like the concenous(sp?) is that I'm moving it 1 1/2" forward and 1/2-3/4" up?
For the rear, What's the best way to do this. Do I just set the ride hieght where I want it and drill in as the suspension sits with the front mounts in, or do I have to have it a certain center to center distance away or? Do I just go 1/2-3/4" up from stock like the front or should I go more?
I have anundertunnel exhaust that I need clearance for too so that is a concern as well.

Any other pictures?

Premium Features