• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

97 summit bog

H
Oct 11, 2009
thanks for the info, need to get them orderd now and get back to trying to make this thing run properly, wich position are your needle clips in? mine are in the top groove

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Awesome!!

mine are in the second groove!! But it should all change now with the air pods!
Taking the sled up to an old buddy of my dads! So we're going to built lots of parts for it!! Including Throttle block,handle bar brackets,handle bar,mesh hood
clutches!! And he's going to help us set up the carbs and stuff!!
Cant wait for that!! Should save me a few bones!!:D:D

Justin

Last edited:
T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
OMF!!!!:eek::eek: So after i put smaller jets in i could have melted it down!!

I do remember it made a funny popping noise when you would hold it to the bar!!
F$Çk me!!!!!! Iam so lucky!!

Thanks man!!:eek::eek::eek:
Ill buy you a beer when i see you!!:cool::beer;:beer;

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
since i had the small jets i there, and the crank case open iam still thankful!!
I think the only thing why it didn't melt was because the lines on the vari-flow had holes in them:eek::eek:( i know) and if any line is oped to the air it will just run it full rich !! But i did still get the temp up to 1300f one time!!:D:D

TG

Last edited:
E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
since i had the small jets i there, and the crank case open iam still thankful!!
I think the only thing why it didn't melt was because the lines on the vari-flow had holes in them:eek::eek:( i know) and if any line is oped the the air it will just run it full rich !! But i did still get the temp up to 1300f one time!!:D:D

TG

What should most sleds be runing at temp wise? Is this exhaust temp?

H
Oct 11, 2009
what do you call the #2 position 2 from top or 2 from bottom? can somone explain to me why mains are different side-side on a liquid cooled sled. fan cooled makes sence to me but not liquid.

O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills
what do you call the #2 position 2 from top or 2 from bottom? can somone explain to me why mains are different side-side on a liquid cooled sled. fan cooled makes sence to me but not liquid.

As far as the different size mains from side to side, on Rotax rotary valve motors, ( 440's,583's, 670's and others) one side is richer because the fuel mixture flows more easily over the top side of the rotary valve than it does under the bottom side of the valve on the opposite cylinder, I learned this at a Skidoo dealer service meeting many years ago. All of the rotary valve motors I have owned had one jet at least 2 sizes larger than the other one.

H
Oct 11, 2009
well here we go agian .got the filters on moved clips too 2nd from top and its worse.going to try daves recipe tomorow and see what it does. seems to me its rich, smokes like crazy and plugs are wet.

H
Oct 11, 2009
getting closer, mains like 390-410 with a little thunder jet open,new fuel at 40-1 its working much better.can i read plugs after ideling to adjust air mixture screw? what about hold it at 1/2 throtle for bit then check plugs to set needle? think i have mains sorted out but still think i am fat at idle and 1/4-1/2 throtle, gues what i am asking is how do i diagnose rich or lean at idle,1/4,1/2 throtle ?. i am doing all this in shop with back of sled on stand

H
Oct 11, 2009
now i have bigger problems, i took rotary valve apart to tighten fitting under it. didnt watch were the valve was now i dont know were to set it . any easy fixes? also is mag side the bigger or smaller main jet

Last edited:
Premium Features