• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pre-season checklist

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Since we had the wrenchers thread going I thought I'd start this list! Add to it please! :)

- I rebuild shocks every other season. I think the WE's could us it twice a season... :eek:

-I replace my bushings every other season. A-arm, shock, ski spindle, rear shock.

-Clean clutches, replace both primary and secondary springs.

-Primary, pull weights and make sure bushings are good (no play). If you have a season on them, now that they are pulled, might as well replace them!

-Go through and tighten all bolts, ALL! Don't forget the bolts on your Ypipe!

-Look over your wiring to see if anything is rubbing and might need to be moved.

-Good time to check your chain tension and replace your fluid.

-Look at your carbides, especially if you did any spring/dirt riding!

- Grease all zirks

- Check hifax

- Check track tension

- Clean exaust valves

-Might as well start off your season with new fresh plugs right??

-Check your ski alignment, it doesn't take much to knock it out of aligment.

What else do you ladies do?
:cool:

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I recheck and repack my survival gear in my backpack.

New batteries in beacon and radios. Test! Test! Test!!

Check helmet for integrity issues. (Always hoping for an excuse to buy a new one!)

Clean and sort goggles. Ensure spare straps are packed in case of quick-strap failure, etc.

Then I put all that gear on and wear it while dancing, dancing, dancing to the snow gods!!!

Oh - I also like to weigh myself just to see how much all that gear weighs. Once that is done, I generally realize I need to STEP UP my strengthening/cardio program. LMAO!!

Get the calendar out and start scheduling trips!

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
Restock sled with spare plugs, zip ties, extra bolts & nuts that buddies needed last season.

Check track for tears or rips.

Check pull cord, make sure it's not rubbing on something.

Polish her up and have her all sparkling and shining.

Clean gear and clean pockets out (last year scored on $40)

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
- I rebuild shocks every other season. I think the WE's could us it twice a season... :eek:

hmmm - hadn't even considered this - do you send them away or do it yourself?

-I replace my bushings every other season. A-arm, shock, ski spindle, rear shock.

-Clean clutches, replace both primary and secondary springs.

-Primary, pull weights and make sure bushings are good (no play). If you have a season on them, now that they are pulled, might as well replace them!

I haven't done this on my own.... in fact, haven't done this since the last time you helped me - 3 sleds ago! :eek:

-Go through and tighten all bolts, ALL! Don't forget the bolts on your Ypipe!

That's assuming I can get the bottem bolts on my new SLP y-pipe tightened to begin with - going to purchase a ball-headed allen this weekend and give it another go!
:cool:

-Look over your wiring to see if anything is rubbing and might need to be moved.

CHECK!

-Good time to check your chain tension and replace your fluid.

Steve and I were actually talking about this a coupla days ago - never done it before, but I told him this year is the time!

-Look at your carbides, especially if you did any spring/dirt riding!

- Check hifax

- Check track tension

- Clean exaust valves

-Check your ski alignment, it doesn't take much to knock it out of aligment. [/COLOR]

CHECK!

- Grease all zirks

-Might as well start off your season with new fresh plugs right??

Final items on the to-do list!

good post, Brandy! :)

P
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
~ A good bath
~ A good motor and inside wipe down
~ A good coat of WD-40 Everywhere
~ Clean Power valves
~ Greese front end and suspension
~ Clean inspect Clutches
~ Replace Diamond Drive oil
~ Replace hifax - it is time this year
~ Repack my tool kit with all the essentials
~ Check wiring/bolts
~ Installation of new goodies

~ Do the snow booty wiggle daily
:face-icon-small-hap

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Susie, I hadn't even thought about gear/pack/stuff yet! LOL GOOD POST! :)

Karen, I send them down to Fastrax to get done!!

PCG brings up a good one for you cat girls - DIAMOND DRIVE maitnenance! :beer;

I think I need a post season checklist... clean out back pack, clean out muffpot, clean out pockets, remove batteries from everything... etc etc because the start of every season is always full of surprises.... NOT the good kind like Foxy either! HAHAHAAAAA

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Another very important thing that always seems to be neglected is the trailer you tow the sleds on.I fix a lot of wheel bearings,lights,hitches and other things for people about 1 week AFTER the first time it's good enough to ride...

If you can't get to the hills to ride because your truck or trailer breaks no amount of prep on the sled will matter.The most important things are wheel bearings on the trailer,lights on truck and trailer,and fuel filters on the truck(especially a diesel).

Very good thread,it reminded me of some things I need to do.Mainly get my gear and tools all organized.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Thanks Mark! I had thought about that, but figured that would be a whole different thread! ;)

Trailer/truck stuff:

- Check your spare, make sure it has air and is in good shape! (lol)

- Tools for changing a tire out on the road.

- We pack rain gear because you won't get a spare tire on a nice sunny day.

- Jumper cables

- Flares

And one of the most important PRESEASON dealios?? FOOD! lol Time for the burrito assembly line so that I have great yummy food all winter long! :beer;

Premium Features