Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: AXYS 2016 AXYS chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
cls11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Axys intermittently runs on one cylinder

When full throttle it will cut back to what seems to be one cylinder for a couple seconds then picks back up to two. It wonít do it every time and when it does it doesnít throw any engine codes. Also every now and then when at low rpm it will cut out to one cylinder and stay there for long periods of time, but as soon and I give it full throttle it clears and runs on two. I also had another problem the other day where it died one me, start it, runs for 2 seconds and dies. It would do that over and over until I wiggled the key, kill switch, tether and throttle, then it started and ran, but now I have the issues mentioned above. The tss has already been eliminated, that why I have the tether on. Any ideas? TPS?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Basic Member
melon16 is an unknown quantity at this point

just happened to me---take a look at your spark plug boots. one of mine the clip/contact inside separated and lost contact intermittently, i went to change the plug a second time and it came out of the boot with the plug.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:58 PM
snoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond repute

Either that or your tether. I know you checked it. I had the same problem w mine and it gave me fits. I wiggled the tether and it didnít do it so I assumed it wasnít the tether. Took it in to carls and raised hell. Jack struthers came out and gave the tether a real aggressive tug and it died right there. Needless to say, I walked out of there feeling mighty dumb. They adjusted it and never gave me another problem.
Also try looking at your throttle cable. A little tight and itíll do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Basic Member

Spark plug boots look ok. Iím going to buy new boots and plugs and give that a try. I also pulled on the tether pretty hard side to side and it didnít do anything.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:09 PM
Basic Member
sumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond repute

is the sled in break in? have you ever replaced the plugs? are you using good fuel/a good station that you get your fuel from?

Old 02-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Basic Member

Thereís about 1700 miles on the sled, original engine was replaced around 700 miles. Plugs have been changed before but itís been a while so Iíll go get a new set and throw them in. Iíve be running 91 octane from the same gas station for a while now.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:19 AM
JJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds crazy, but I'd replace the relays.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:07 PM
Dazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like either a spark plug or boot, or both. I've seen the plug caps about wore right off the top of the spark plugs on my pro..

Old 02-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Basic Member

I just bought new boots and plugs. Iíll try new replays to. Iíve been having a nightmare with them this year

Old 02-26-2018, 12:26 PM
Basic Member
towny has a reputation beyond reputetowny has a reputation beyond reputetowny has a reputation beyond reputetowny has a reputation beyond reputetowny has a reputation beyond reputetowny has a reputation beyond reputetowny has a reputation beyond reputetowny has a reputation beyond reputetowny has a reputation beyond reputetowny has a reputation beyond reputetowny has a reputation beyond repute

Could be bad pipe sensor! Was really common on older Pro's.
Get on it, rev's up then falls on it's face like running one cylinder.
Get off it then back on it, rev's up then falls on it's face!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-26-2018, 09:32 PM
Basic Member
Snow chaser is an unknown quantity at this point
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 04-15-2018, 12:03 AM
redigar09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register