• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m1000 turbo?

G
Jan 16, 2008
Mantua utah
Rode a amazing m1000 turbo last weekend it was set up and rode by shane stanger(i think that is his name he is on some thunderstuck movies and a few others) if you live in utah i would have him set you up I could get you some more info if you want just pm me

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
Rode a amazing m1000 turbo last weekend it was set up and rode by shane stanger(i think that is his name he is on some thunderstuck movies and a few others) if you live in utah i would have him set you up I could get you some more info if you want just pm me

shain is producttester !!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me i ll give u his #

M
Dec 15, 2007
Moyie B.C.
My son's Boondocker setup is working great after some initial growing pains. Guys are all doing something different to keep them alive but here's what he's doing. First....don't cheap out on the fuel. He lost his first engine on 112 octane. Runs Vp C16 now (117 motor octane) at 16psi boost and it flat out rips! Double up your cylinder base gaskets to get rid of a bit of squish to keep the detonation down too, then hang on! Keep it on the rich side....turbos like to be rich. Of course you'll probably break your Diamond Drive, but hey...stock sleds are doing that too!

Last edited:
S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
I also have first hand experience with Shains turbo setup. Runs awesome, easy to tune, and top quality fit and finish.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
One of our guys just picked up Burandts M1000 turbo. Only way to describe it is it's a BEAST! There will be some shots in the latest 509 flick of the sled. Here's one chute Potratz pulled with it the day he got it...

co18.jpg

co2.jpg

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
What is the tuneability of the boondocker fuel controler like? Do you have to be a rocket scientist to use it? how much boost is everybody running? What kind of HP#s is producttesters pump gas kit running& at what boost #s?

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
One of our guys just picked up Burandts M1000 turbo. Only way to describe it is it's a BEAST! There will be some shots in the latest 509 flick of the sled. Here's one chute Potratz pulled with it the day he got it...

co18.jpg

co2.jpg

Have U got a pic of the top of thatchute or did buddy turn around in that opening? Seeing thisalways makes me wonder if the turboideaisbetter than the BB. The only thing I don't like is that low end turbo lag/wait for it to spool up thingy.....

WFO

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
West Jordan, UT
The only thing I don't like is that low end turbo lag/wait for it to spool up thingy.....

No offense meant here but when was the last time you rode a two or four stroke turbo that was set up properly? Turbo lag is not a worry these days. IMO Big Blocks are a thing of the past. They don't stand a chance when it comes to day to day reliability or building the same type of power at elevation. Just my $0.02!

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
No No yer right, I've ridden 2-4stroke turbos, 1 rx1 and 1 phazer not bad and a lil heavy-easy guess which is which. I've ridden 1-2 stroke turbo and it was an m7, it was pretty well setup, still in some tuning stages. The only thing I missed was the get up and go that my Big Bore 900-m7 has on the bottom end. I am hoping to get way more exposure next season to the 2 stoke turbo idea. Unfortunately up here northern BC there's not many. And I don't want to be the guinea pig. I'm already riding a mod sled that I've learned alot on my own. I bought the motor off a guy who gave up on it and I've seemed to make it run alright. I have a new sled coming that I want to ride relatively stock the first year with a few lil minor mods. If I canmake it without goin' all out if you know what I mean. When it's time tho I want to be sure Big Bore or turbo. Who knowsin 2010they might have a 13-1400 big bore for the 1000 that pours out 250 hp. Nothing surprises me any more. No offense taken WFO much appreciated info being sponged as we speak.

WFO

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
West Jordan, UT
If your new sled is a M8 or M1000 you should be the "guinea pig" and put Shains kit in. You won't be disappointed. He has had a pretty flawless year as far as reliability and BIG power goes! Your Big Block days would come to an end my friend :D

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
If your new sled is a M8 or M1000 you should be the "guinea pig" and put Shains kit in. You won't be disappointed. He has had a pretty flawless year as far as reliability and BIG power goes! Your Big Block days would come to an end my friend :D

To each his own, but turbo's arent for everyone. A turbo will not make the bottom end grunt of some decent sized NA motor's PERIOD! They have the topend and altitude advantage from eveything ive seen the hardest hitting turbo on the bottom end was a TNytro runnin 14 lbs no headshim.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Why not a big bore turbo? there out there. I have been told that stanger's turbo is flawless. This will be my summer project going turbo.

D&D has their 1200 turbo BB kit setup good from what ive witnessed! Most BB's dont work well from all the porting and compression that turbos dont really respond well to.

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
The turbo kits that Product tester (Shain Stanger) is using has been tested and tuned including the clutching by Pure Logic Tuning. The kits can be purchased direct from Pure Logic/Ogden Valley Sports at (801)940-7777 or (801)791-0403. These M-1000 and M-8 are running perfect.

Premium Features