• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PC what turbo and why?

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Just picked up a new '13 PC 800 ltd and heavily thinking about going turbo. I'm sticking with pumpgas. Looking at getting the Cutler stage 1. Any issues with these kits or any better ones out there? I don't mind wrenching but I'd rather ride than wrench.

M-Head

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Yakima, WA
I don't think you could choose a better kit than Cutler. They build a great kit with knowledge and service to boot. I would highly recommend the stage II kit--9-10 lbs of boost is so much more fun than 6, and av gas is not that expensive.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
I'm real interested to see how well the Silber kits do, my buddies pros run great and you can run pump or race! Silber is only 3500 which is a great price! I'm looking forward to riding my stage 2 cutler and will report back on how it runs

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Cutler still uses the 2860 Garrett, which apparently works great, but the 2863GTX and 2867GTX Garretts are better(same spool and more flow = more potential hp)

D
Nov 6, 2012
Got a cutler stage one on my 2010 800. 7 psi. Works great. My next will be proclimb with stage 2 and BOV. Silber turbos are journal bearing turbos. As a mechanic journal bearings work great in vehicles but under High oil pressure that climbs with rpm. Not sure how well they wud work on a sled. Just my 2 cents

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Got a cutler stage one on my 2010 800. 7 psi. Works great. My next will be proclimb with stage 2 and BOV. Silber turbos are journal bearing turbos. As a mechanic journal bearings work great in vehicles but under High oil pressure that climbs with rpm. Not sure how well they wud work on a sled. Just my 2 cents

Cutler uses a garret with journal bearings as well! And Silber uses a custom designed turbine impeller that is for 2 stroke applications, and I'm pretty sure Silber uses extra injectors at least on the pros they do!

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I am putting in the Push kit. I will give an honest report once all tuned in and running. I'm not sponsored so you guys will know if it is all its hyped up to be. I am pretty confident it will work good. We will see.

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
I just rode Shain on Friday and saw his pro climb setup for the first time. We stopped to ride with him on our way to idaho. My buddy put a Twisted race gas kit on his 2010 M 8, and it screams just like mine has since 09.

The 2013 twisted pro climb kit is really cool. If you are anywhere near utah go to ogden and go ride with Shain. I bet he might let you throw a leg over his sled and let you try it.

Just be prepared to stay for a few days and go home with your sled fixed.

Last edited:

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
This thread has great timing. I am in the process of turboing a 2013 as well. I am leaning heavily towards the Boondocker Turbo? Why don't people recommend the BD kits more or at all on Snowest?

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
My buddy and I both run twisted kits. I have 1 on my 09 m1000 & my buddy has 1 on his 11 pro. They both make insane power. Shain is the real deal. We went down to ogden to ride with him & pick my buddies freshly turboed sled up from Shain. Long story short I left with a twisted kit on my M1000. Shain is a heck of a guy. Cant say enough positive things there. He let us ride his big bore twisted 800 M. Very nice. He also took me for a ride in his twisted RZR. The guy is crazy is all I will say there! Fun guy with outstanding turbo knowledge. No regrets.

ges

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
pierre sd
got a bd pump gas on a 10 m 800 aint opened the hood yet except for oil runs flawless erik set it up I still cant believe how it works

D
Nov 6, 2012
Cutler uses a garret with journal bearings as well! And Silber uses a custom designed turbine impeller that is for 2 stroke applications, and I'm pretty sure Silber uses extra injectors at least on the pros they do!

Cutlers 2860 Garret turbo are ball bearing. Silber are journal bearing. A journal bearing turbo are similiar to bearings on a car engine crank shaft. A ball bearing turbo tends to spool 15% faster then a journal bearing turbo. so not sure who explained to you what a journal bearing turbo is and the up/down side to it is but u are wrong.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Cutlers 2860 Garret turbo are ball bearing. Silber are journal bearing. A journal bearing turbo are similiar to bearings on a car engine crank shaft. A ball bearing turbo tends to spool 15% faster then a journal bearing turbo. so not sure who explained to you what a journal bearing turbo is and the up/down side to it is but u are wrong.

Dude I know the difference between journal and ball bearing, I've been slapping boost to everything I've owned since I was young! I'm still not buying the fact that cutlers are ball bearing, I have a stage 2 on my sled and it spools just as fast as my buddies Silber pro. And if cutler was using ball bearing don't you think they would advertise the fact? All they list on the site is "Garret 2860 or 2871" not "Garret GT2860RS" which is the ball bearing version of the 2860 also known as the disco-potatoe. I could be wrong but until I see proof I can't believe it

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
I have a boondocker. I absolutely love it. Fit and finish is great, IMO the boondocker box is the best available now too. The ebc works great for keeping boost at low throttle levels and not over boosting. I think there is a reason all other turbos are compared to boondocker. I raced a cutler up a decent hill, maybe 1/4 mile in ip the other day. He has a 174 3" I have a 162 3". He was at 8.5 lbs I was at 7.4. He had me out of the hole by a sled length, I reeled him in and had about 4 lengths by the top. Btw gearing and clutching were very similar, but he does weigh about 40 lbs more

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
I have a boondocker. I absolutely love it. Fit and finish is great, IMO the boondocker box is the best available now too. The ebc works great for keeping boost at low throttle levels and not over boosting. I think there is a reason all other turbos are compared to boondocker. I raced a cutler up a decent hill, maybe 1/4 mile in ip the other day. He has a 174 3" I have a 162 3". He was at 8.5 lbs I was at 7.4. He had me out of the hole by a sled length, I reeled him in and had about 4 lengths by the top. Btw gearing and clutching were very similar, but he does weigh about 40 lbs more

Is your sled a pump gas kit? What is the higest boost you have ever run it at? And what turbo do you have?

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
It has the aux injectors, so you can consider it race gas, intercooled and has the 2860 with internal waste gate. I may upgrade to tial this summer. Not sure yet. I have been running it between 6 and 8.5 lbs. I think I like 7.5 at elevation the best and have been adding about 2 gallons of 110

Premium Features