• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trail Tank Comments

C

charger0926

Nov 14, 2010
Elk Grove CA
just installed the third one on my nytro last night and it slid right in. i think the problem is after it has had fuel in it for awhile, they tend to expand...then it gets to be fun. still a great product from a great company and guy (seth). they are top notch when it comes to customer service.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
just installed the third one on my nytro last night and it slid right in. i think the problem is after it has had fuel in it for awhile, they tend to expand...then it gets to be fun. still a great product from a great company and guy (seth). they are top notch when it comes to customer service.
Exactly.
Mine expanded over the summer while it was OUT of my sled.
Would not fit back in.
They are shipping me a new one this week.
Supposed to be a new design that just went into production in the last 2 weeks.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trail tank is another fine example of the junky aftermarket !

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Trail tank is another fine example of the junky aftermarket !

Might want to rephrase that. There are a lot of better than OEM aftermarket parts out there, and vendors that take genuine pride in bringing them to fine customers like you.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
There is aftermarket and then there is the junky aftermarket. The products speak for themselves. Feel free to sugar coat it the way you see fit. I did.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I had ZERO issues with my trail tank all season last year.
Loved it.

I took the tank out and let it sit on the floor all summer with fuel in it.
The wings expanded by perhaps 0.25 inches.
Just enough that I noticed it when I went to install it again.
Called them and they offered to swap it out for me sight unseen.

I have no complaints.

T

towerrigger

Jul 9, 2008
I had ZERO issues with my trail tank all season last year.
Loved it.

I took the tank out and let it sit on the floor all summer with fuel in it.
The wings expanded by perhaps 0.25 inches.
Just enough that I noticed it when I went to install it again.
Called them and they offered to swap it out for me sight unseen.

I have no complaints.

Well looks like trail tank owes me a couple free tanks. When I called last year about how bad it fit they were happy to sell me a new one. Have to agree with summitboy. Good to hear they are finally installing dzus fasteners, should have been done from the get go.

Man has this topic gotten off track :face-icon-small-con

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well looks like trail tank owes me a couple free tanks. When I called last year about how bad it fit they were happy to sell me a new one. Have to agree with summitboy. Good to hear they are finally installing dzus fasteners, should have been done from the get go.

Man has this topic gotten off track :face-icon-small-con
I hear ya on that comment.
No idea what the technical challenges were that they ran into.
But I AM looking forward to seeing the new tank arrive shortly.

When it does, I will post about it.

Thread Drift.
Its a way of life around here!!
:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
I hear ya on that comment.
No idea what the technical challenges were that they ran into.
But I AM looking forward to seeing the new tank arrive shortly.

When it does, I will post about it.

Which is why they are sending you a new tank and not to anyone else that has had problems.:yo:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Which is why they are sending you a new tank and not to anyone else that has had problems.:yo:

Not true. I bought a Trail Tank for my 09 RMK and I had some concerns with it. I e-mailed Seth about these concerns and he replied with some reasonable resolutions to my concerns, one of which was to send my tank back and he'd send out another one.

Last edited:
C

charger0926

Nov 14, 2010
Elk Grove CA

i have had three trail tanks for one sled. i bought one approx 1.5 years ago for my new 2012 mtx 162. on my first ride out
the filler neck threads started to leak alot of fuel. i looked down and noticed that the threads appeared to be cross threaded.
i had a yamaha billet fuel cap that i put on and i must have got it on wrong and cross threaded it. i called seth at trail tanks and explained what happened, and he sent me out a brand new tank at no cost. i even offered to pay shipping, but he would have no part of it.
his comment to me was that he is in business and wants to stay in business.

i recieved the new tank toward the end of the season and didnt try to install it for several months. when i did i had fuel in it for a couple of months, and i think that it expanded the tank and made it impossible to install onto the sled. i called seth again and explained my situation to him, and again he totally stepped up and took care of it. once again he shipped out a new tank at no charge to me (i again offered to pay shipping to get the tank to me and/or return the old tank, to no avail.), and i am going to install it this weekend, hopefully with no further issues.

i let seth know that i have been in the retail business for over 30 years and i dont often run into people and companies that are willing to take care of their customers like he/they have done with me.

i just wanted to pass this info along to everyone and thank seth and the people at trail tanks publicly for their excellent service and dedication to their customers, so everybody...BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!!!

charger..

update...
i installed the new tank this past weekend and it fit perfectly, so with all due respect to those of you that feel that this is a poor quality aftermarket product, i will politely disagree.

08nytromtxa

Dec 17, 2007
tisdale saskatchewan
i have had three trail tanks for one sled. i bought one approx 1.5 years ago for my new 2012 mtx 162. on my first ride out
the filler neck threads started to leak alot of fuel. i looked down and noticed that the threads appeared to be cross threaded.
i had a yamaha billet fuel cap that i put on and i must have got it on wrong and cross threaded it. i called seth at trail tanks and explained what happened, and he sent me out a brand new tank at no cost. i even offered to pay shipping, but he would have no part of it.
his comment to me was that he is in business and wants to stay in business.

i recieved the new tank toward the end of the season and didnt try to install it for several months. when i did i had fuel in it for a couple of months, and i think that it expanded the tank and made it impossible to install onto the sled. i called seth again and explained my situation to him, and again he totally stepped up and took care of it. once again he shipped out a new tank at no charge to me (i again offered to pay shipping to get the tank to me and/or return the old tank, to no avail.), and i am going to install it this weekend, hopefully with no further issues.

i let seth know that i have been in the retail business for over 30 years and i dont often run into people and companies that are willing to take care of their customers like he/they have done with me.

i just wanted to pass this info along to everyone and thank seth and the people at trail tanks publicly for their excellent service and dedication to their customers, so everybody...BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!!!

charger..

update...
i installed the new tank this past weekend and it fit perfectly, so with all due respect to those of you that feel that this is a poor quality aftermarket product, i will politely disagree.

but you still paid for a product and had to install and remove it three times how can you still be satisfied, and thats not saying this one wont expand too.

Premium Features