• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHEN will yamaha come out with a new chassis...is there hope???????

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Have to admit that would be one heck of a combo.
A new 2013 Pro with a Boosted Nytro Motor.

That would be one hell of a sled to ride!
Wouldn't work.
Once you built up the frame enough so that it would take the tourque, the weight difference would be so minimal that you wouldnt notice.

The chassis would be way more fun to ride though.

I expect we will see something similar to the Pro chassis from Yamaha next spring. You can be assured that they will address the steering and front end handling issues from the past.
I'm crossing my fingers for a lightweight fast revving fourstroke. Maybe a 800 4 cyl would be cool. They could still use gear reduction like the Apex so the clutching would be silky smooth.
There is no doubt that Yamaha has learned a lot over the past few years.

I will take 2 sleds for sure.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Does anyone know what one of the chromoly Propex's that Cpt.Ron is building weighs? Been patiently waiting for a new thread from him with all the details:face-icon-small-ton

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I expect we will see something similar to the Pro chassis from Yamaha next spring.

You can be assured that they will address the steering and front end handling issues from the past.

I'm crossing my fingers for a lightweight fast revving fourstroke.

There is no doubt that Yamaha has learned a lot over the past few years.

I will take 2 sleds for sure.
I was more than a little surprised we saw nothing last March.
I fully expected them to show off the prototype I kept hearing about all winter.

That said, I expect a new sled this spring even more so now.
I will Snow Check 1 for sure if they announce it!!

COME ON YAMAHA
Give us something to be proud of once again!!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
When are you going to tell the rest of us what you know?

xtrememotorworks

Powersports Performance!
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Wa
www.xmrinc.com
Iqr tube chassis,Nytro motor, problem solved:)

664871_4837929750192_160561302_o.jpg

133374_4849149310674_1653955624_o.jpg

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I was more than a little surprised we saw nothing last March.
I fully expected them to show off the prototype I kept hearing about all winter.

That said, I expect a new sled this spring even more so now.
I will Snow Check 1 for sure if they announce it!!

COME ON YAMAHA
Give us something to be proud of once again!!

You have been singing this same song and dance for how many years now? Wasn't it 2012 you were ready to bet your left nut Yamaha was coming out with something new? Some birdy kept telling you? Oh that's right they came out with the "Game Changer" an Apex with eps:face-icon-small-hap

Just givin ya some sh!t:face-icon-small-win I won't believe anything from Yamaha till I see it, but I hope they do

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Summer of 2011 I started hearing about a prototype sled.
All through the fall and into winter I kept hearing about it.
Thought they were going to release something come Spring 2012.

NOTHING materialized.

I know absolutely nothing concrete.
Just rumors and comments that keep coming my way from other players in the industry.

Please understand I am NOT under a non-disclosure agreement like all the other guys on staff at the magazine, or the test riders. So that keeps me insulated from any official information coming directly from Yamaha.

It is entirely possible that Yamaha has been fielding some prototype sleds but may never put them into production??

I could be whistling dixie big time on this.
But I don't think so.

Either way, I am a die hard Yamaha guy.
I will wait it out.

The Nytro chassis is showing her age big time now.
Its time for her to be replaced with something new and fresh.

My bet remains, Mid February 2013 we hear about the next generation Nytro, and see it in the first week of March.

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
Yes a nytro boosted sled would be great in a pro chassis, but then it would weigh alot more not only the weight of the motor. but it needs heavier components. I have seen, riden, and passed many Pros. I am not sure about the 2013, but cant be much different. I go through the trees just like them just faster and higher. If they had 50+ more ponies would be great sled, but if I choose between under powered and a little handling difference I take power. My sled doesnt feel heavy at all till I am stuck. Yammi needs to put a boosted nytro motor in a lighter more manuverable chasis I agree and hope every day the get it done.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We were told today to make sure we have passports ready for February. I have no idea what's coming. But do know there is new stuff coming in February. Everyone at Yamaha who knows what's coming is thrilled about what's coming and super excited for Feb. but no details of what is coming.

Yup.

Everyone in Canada needs to make sure they have their CAMERAS ready to take SPY PHOTOS on their rides this winter! Someone is going to come across this bad boy and see it out in the woods!! :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Jago

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
I wonder how close to 500 lbs wet, it will be. It better at least have the new front suspension geometry skinz developed. After that there are a half dozen other common mods which hopefully will make it onto the chassis. If so they can call it something else than a Nytro.
Bring it on!

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I wonder how close to 500 lbs wet, it will be. It better at least have the new front suspension geometry skinz developed. After that there are a half dozen other common mods which hopefully will make it onto the chassis. If so they can call it something else than a Nytro.
Bring it on!

Try making that 600 wet. That would be more realistic......for Yamaha.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
Try making that 600 wet. That would be more realistic......for Yamaha.[/QUOTE

I would hope they are looking at the lighter sleds like the 163 Pro and shooting for that same wet weight of 524.6lbs.

Getting into the low 500lb mark wet is not hard to accomplish.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
For my 2010 162SE..

With all required fluids and a shipping allotment of fuel (appx. 2-3 Gallons from the factory) the sled has a TRUE WEIGHT of 578lbs

If we subtract out 2 gallons (6.4 x 2 = 12.8lbs), we have 564lbs

If we subtract our 3 gallons (6.4 x 3 = 19.2lbs), we have 558lbs

Their guess was that we had just over 2 gallons in the tank, and they were not able to siphon it out without tearing down the sled.

So...

That gives us a pretty honest real world weight of 560 pounds!

Add 5 more gallons to fill her up and we have 592 Wet right now.

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Try making that 600 wet. That would be more realistic......for Yamaha.[/QUOTE

I would hope they are looking at the lighter sleds like the 163 Pro and shooting for that same wet weight of 524.6lbs.

Getting into the low 500lb mark wet is not hard to accomplish.

That will likely never happen... The nytro motor weighs like 70 lbs more than a 800 twin doens't it? If they came in around 500 wet(No gas) I would be impressed!

Premium Features