• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHEN will yamaha come out with a new chassis...is there hope???????

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
I know this is premature, but does anyone know anything?? Rumors?? It is getting very discouraging waiting for Yamaha to do something. The nytro is going on its 6th year now....we all know its a great sled....but this is way overdue.

I have heard nothing again for next year, but possibly 2 years away....

I have heard that there is a partnership in the works with arctic cat (more than the kids sled).....not sure if this is a good thing if its true

How many Yamaha guys have jumped ship because of this??

Last edited:

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Chris seems to have the ear of someone in the know. No rumors have leaked that I know of though. Even if they have a new sled in the works I doubt we will hear about it for awhile. My thoughts are that since this year's sled is basically BNG, they likely have something else they are working on - which would explain why they didn't put much into developing the Nytro any further.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I plan on selling my 2008 Nytro this spring and replacing it with something new. :face-icon-small-hap

images

Yamaha%20Livin%20on%20the%20Edge.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
February?

Hmmm
that would be early for Yamaha!!
That would be almost a MID-SEASON release date.....:face-icon-small-win

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I thought there was a thread going somewhere about the 2014 Yamaha. I heard it got pulled. Too much info maybe ?

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I thought there was a thread going somewhere about the 2014 Yamaha. I heard it got pulled. Too much info maybe ?

It wasn't in here, maybe over on totally yamaha? I've heard they can be kind of strict over there.

edit: i should have said we didn't pull anything from here....

Last edited:
P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
I see Yamaha is playing with some new motors in their sport bikes. There is a new 800 cc 4 cylinder and a new 3 cylinder that is supposed to go into the race bike. Maybe one of those will end up in a sweet new chassis.. :face-icon-small-ton

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/649/1.../Yamaha-Inline-Triple-Crossplane-Concept.aspx

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspecs/652/0/specs.aspx

Local rep also spoke of the new 3 cylinder possibility for 2014 sleds.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana

We talked a little about it in the 2012 sale event thread, but its purely what we have been hearing from others. Things that I have heard in the past have all come true ---- so we will see.

I do not plan on selling my nytro---I'm just way to excited to run the boost-it water/air intercooler system. If yamaha does come out with a new (better)chassis, I expect I will buy one, but if they don't I am looking elsewhere, but it won't be a pro --maybe an XM??

B
Dec 5, 2010
They have released info on their new cross plane 3 cylinder motors, much like their 4 cylinder r1, and if anybody knows anything about that motor the should be excited. If it makes it into a sled chassis it should be a beast with stupid fast rpm. But like many have said, if they don't come out with something which I think they will, yamaha will own even less of the already almost non existant market they have. It's almost sad looking at how far behind yamaha is compared to everyone else. Don't get me wrong I'm a diehard yamaha guy and have built more turbo sleds then probably 95 percent of the people here but it doesn't make it any easier watching the competition get so far ahead of yamaha. I'm fairly confident they will have something new next year, but my concern is will it be enough.

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
Look at the "mountain market" totally dominated by 800 two strokes. I think they would be wise to go with what works. Unless Yamaha releases an amazing Chassis they will be left in the dust with four stroke power. 130hp in any sled = lame

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Look at the "mountain market" totally dominated by 800 two strokes. I think they would be wise to go with what works. Unless Yamaha releases an amazing Chassis they will be left in the dust with four stroke power. 130hp in any sled = lame

yah but my 4stroke has 350hp is that lame:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-hap
i dont care what they do, i like my nytro,stock no but fun yes:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yamaha is working HARD to keep the next generation sled under VERY TIGHT wraps.

I thought something would have gotten out last year, but they managed to keep everything they are working on very quiet.

Whatever their new toys are, they are up in Canada....
"Someone" WILL see sleds this winter before the 2014 release date in March.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Yamaha is working HARD to keep the next generation sled under VERY TIGHT wraps.

I thought something would have gotten out last year, but they managed to keep everything they are working on very quiet.

Whatever their new toys are, they are up in Canada....
"Someone" WILL see sleds this winter before the 2014 release date in March.

Will they have a new mountain sled for 2014?

Premium Features